Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Removing Christmas paint from glass

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I've got a plastic scrapper , blade chips quite easy. White spirt might help take the paint off ... I refuse to use a metal blade now . If white spirt doesn't take it off it stays on the glass .

Try hot water and a degreaser, one shop that I used to have used to put paint stuff on window and it was a nightmare to try and scrub off, but they gave me some type of degreaser to spray on and came off a lot easier with a microfibre, probably just depends on what kind of paint it is.

You could try using some vinegar, which is easily available in the kitchen. All that you would have to do is microwave the vinegar or heat it in a small bowl. Apply some of this hot vinegar on the painted surface and allow it to soften the paint for 15-20 minutes. You can re-apply some more hot vinegar if required. You can now use a paint scrapper to remove the loosened paint. Wipe the surface with a damp cloth to remove the traces.

Latest Posts

Back