Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Thank Goodness We're Back Online!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

And everyones websites are back online too..... Im a tad worried now. i just took out hosting with the forum and that happens. That could be potential customers lost.

And everyones websites are back online too..... Im a tad worried now. i just took out hosting with the forum and that happens. That could be potential customers lost.
This very rarely happen, I would not worry to much, been on here since December, and this is the 1st of what I can remember.

I must have to admit, was gutted when I could not get on here. lol. I must have missed you lot.

This very rarely happen, I would not worry to much, been on here since December, and this is the 1st of what I can remember.

I must have to admit, was gutted when I could not get on here. lol. I must have missed you lot.
This is the second time this month I believe. I worry when potential business is lost, I cant help it lol.

EXACTLY!!!
I never ring companies now unless I have to, and I never tell receptionists why I'm at a business.

Went into an Inn last week, said can I speak to manager he said she was busy and what was I there for. I said I wondered if she'd like a window cleaning quote.

His exact words: "We have a window cleaner already."

I felt like saying "Well done there BRAINS!! I CAN SEE THAT!!!"

But had to say "I know, I wondered if the decision maker would like a competitive quote."

Get it every day, I imagine you go nuts.
You looking to undercut them? If they have a cleaner it's time to walk away not steal someone else's work. Is it the unwritten rule of window cleaning?

When I make appointments Hotwash, its not upto me a potential customer wants a quote and to be honest its very rare that they swap on price, its normally down to a poor service, or new management, or looking at budgets etc. Also if they are happy, people are incredibly loyal too - which is good news for everybody

Honestly Hotwash the main problem why people want quotes is really service issues, not pricing, maybe they havent seem somebody in 3 months, and rather annoyed. Last weeks ones, were mainly nobody at all at the premises. But if a potential customer has somebody, and STILL wants a quote, what can I say no? Also like I said you would be very very surprised at how loyal your customers are - so thats good news - quite often some of the lads would charge more than there currently paying. But its the same in all service industries if a customer wants a quote from another service provider its their choice, (but like I say its normally down to poor service issues)

You looking to undercut them? If they have a cleaner it's time to walk away not steal someone else's work. Is it the unwritten rule of window cleaning?

Everytime I read one of your posts, well, words escape me. Honestly. No lie.

NO!! I'm not their to undercut. I'm there to give them a quote, tell them my credentials and show I'm a trained and insured professional.

I gain enough work by giving quotes ABOVE the previous cleaner.

If you avoid every job that had a window cleaner how would you gain work?

Tell me please, what do you do if someone has a window cleaner? Walk away? Hahaha

Undercutting comes when people know a price or ask for a price and then directly go below.

I give a price competitive in the market and let a manger or homeowner decide without knowing what the previous cleaner charged.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Yes Masons, there are some scrupulous clients out there, looking for an undercut - so really they are the not so good customers, and quite often, more or not they are paying a reasonable price, so thats naughty naughty on clients behalf - to try and get it cheaper, I could understand if it was totally over priced

Everything I do is above board. I never scam another window ckeaner and never ask people to ditch their current cleaner. I just give them my details and how I can benefit them and let them choose.

How you survive I do not know, if anybody who has a window cleaner is off the table.

Your missing the point again.
Hotwash, Your posts come across quite rude, We all believe in what we are doing is correct, But you are really blunt. This site is to help others or have a giggle with other windies, or get advice when needed.

Most windies I meet are sound blokes and I have a laugh with them, I think in this job you have to be layed back and polite. Are you this grumpy with your customers?. lol.

Take a chill pill and enjoy the forum. You may be surprised how nice most the guys are on here. :Image9:

You're not alone, business is business - in ANY business. I suppose he believes that I should stay off his patch too.

Shazzy been in this industry for 3 years now 23 years in total in my job, (think were near in age Shaz, did you just turn 40? Im 41) Business have to realise that telemarketing is an acceptable way and has been for many years of obtaining business, it works - now I get defiance, I get distrust, most of the guys that I work for now, longest serving is 3 years, and hes still with me!! (silly bugger) Its not accepting change, not accepting there are other ways of gaining business. Hotwash dosent necessarily mean if they have somebody they are happy - im not being rude Hotwash, and I ask this to all customers, have you picked the phone up yourself, made a few calls in your area, you would be really really surprised of some of the stories I get.. because you have a window cleaner it means nothing, ive heard some horrors, one guy working at a care home and the patients were really not happy with him working there - so there are ALL sorts of reasons why people change, not pricing, but you need to do say 100 calls and find out whats going on on your patch..... Ive been doing near you and its been going really well - but I treat the lads I work for as we are part of a team, and I ring them without fail, to say how did you go........ its not anything to do with undercutting whatsoever in my industry, its do with what a customer wants and if its a quote so be it, I cant question that.......... Ask yourself Hotwash, why would people want a quote from somebody else, there are several factors............unless you get on the blower youll never know - it rarely rarely is about pricing

I am 40 in 14 weeks and 4 days. not that im counting. lol.

Shazzy been in this industry for 3 years now 23 years in total in my job, (think were near in age Shaz, did you just turn 40? Im 41) Business have to realise that telemarketing is an acceptable way and has been for many years of obtaining business, it works - now I get defiance, I get distrust, most of the guys that I work for now, longest serving is 3 years, and hes still with me!! (silly bugger) Its not accepting change, not accepting there are other ways of gaining business. Hotwash dosent necessarily mean if they have somebody they are happy - im not being rude Hotwash, and I ask this to all customers, have you picked the phone up yourself, made a few calls in your area, you would be really really surprised of some of the stories I get.. because you have a window cleaner it means nothing, ive heard some horrors, one guy working at a care home and the patients were really not happy with him working there - so there are ALL sorts of reasons why people change, not pricing, but you need to do say 100 calls and find out whats going on on your patch..... Ive been doing near you and its been going really well - but I treat the lads I work for as we are part of a team, and I ring them without fail, to say how did you go........ its not anything to do with undercutting whatsoever in my industry, its do with what a customer wants and if its a quote so be it, I cant question that.......... Ask yourself Hotwash, why would people want a quote from somebody else, there are several factors............unless you get on the blower youll never know - it rarely rarely is about pricing

Your missing the point again.

*You're*

Sorry Hotwash I had to hehe

The thing is I come from a different background to probably most, as dodger said up earlier, BUSINESS IS BUSINESS whatever industry, so for example your not happy with your current elec/gas/broadband/telephone/water/. So the cold calls come in to your property, do you want to switch? well you would do if you got a better provider, on service or anything BUT here is the key thing, if you think you are getting a good service you wont, its as simple as that. This is a service industry, and as I said to Hotwash a majority 95% of people are very happy its the other 5% that arent, its the merry go round of business, in any trade, in any sector. Take using a printer, Im a competition printer, I ring up the firm, and they say well yea their not giving us a very good service, what do I do say, no? you already have a printer - if your service is up to scratch and price, customers wont change

NO!! I'm not their to undercut. I'm there to give them a quote, tell them my credentials and show I'm a trained and insured professional.

I gain enough work by giving quotes ABOVE the previous cleaner.

If you avoid every job that had a window cleaner how would you gain work?

Tell me please, what do you do if someone has a window cleaner? Walk away? Hahaha

Undercutting comes when people know a price or ask for a price and then directly go below.

I give a price competitive in the market and let a manger or homeowner decide without knowing what the previous cleaner charged.

There and NOT their to undercut. Sorry Masons, I had to. /emoticons/tongue.png

Back