Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Thank Goodness We're Back Online!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Simply by allowing the work to come to us. We pick up jobs every day the phone doesn't stop. All we do is flyer drop to gain extra work.

We must be doing something right as I am about to order another brand new Van. 3 month wait for the spec we want.

Thats brilliant Hotwash - but the issue was about undercutting others work - I am pleased for you, and if you say nobody is moving away from you, you must be doing it right, but it dosent necessary mean that everybody has a high work ethic - so thats where sometimes other people can creep in

Welcome back hot wash.. If I had a quid for everytime someone on here has took a hump and said " I'm leaving" I'd not have to clean windows!!

Anyways.. I have I have been asked quite a few times to quote work that's already been serviced by other window cleaners, mostly due to contracts coming to and end, and trying to cut their budgets.. And then the people who are not satisfied with their current cleaner.. < the last one of those I got and was twice the price...

Its a mix of all sorts of reasons Belfast and some of the clients are ruthless, what they do is get another quote, go back to their existing cleaner and say can you beat this, and that dosent help anybody

Simply by allowing the work to come to us. We pick up jobs every day the phone doesn't stop. All we do is flyer drop to gain extra work.

We must be doing something right as I am about to order another brand new Van. 3 month wait for the spec we want.
What sort of return do you get from flyers? How many do you drop and how often? have you got a website? Or where else do you advertise? It's also prob due to the fact you have the best system in the world too..

Its a mix of all sorts of reasons Belfast and some of the clients are ruthless, what they do is get another quote, go back to their existing cleaner and say can you beat this, and that dosent help anybody
Well I expected some to be paying peanuts anyway, but I gave them My price and never heard back lol..

Have had commercial ring me the day after they confirmed my price, saying, iv just got a cheaper quote.. To which I replied go ahead.. After wasting my time, shaking hands accepting my price.. Then rings to say that.. Joke and good luck to whoever it was!!

Yup had that with a rather large hotel chain, name and shame I feel like saying, guy went along, shook hands, operations manager said we will be in touch, went straight back to the original cleaner and no doubt said we have had this quote from another company, the guy I sent out priced it up as what he thought it was worth, was pretty disgusted really as a very very well known chain - I do wonder how these managers get jobs............ the guy that went out to the job was actually quite offeneded after the second meeting

I werent impressed either, it was a second meet and they had already decided on the job done and dusted - feel like making a complaint about the manager

There and NOT their to undercut. Sorry Masons, I had to. /emoticons/tongue.png
I saw that myself after I posted, drat! :Image2:

Avoiding the subject, you are obviously doing a lot right, but calling into question my business ethics and branding me an undercutter, who steals other peoples work is offensive.Well done on your company though, I hope your success continues.

Around 7% return, it's constant stream as we have flyer droppers. 10,000 every couple months. No website. Advertise online, no social media,. We are relentless with the quality of our work so alot of recommendations too.

The organic growth is immense. Our van looks amazing and it's an eye catcher.

It's about quality not quantity.

Aren't you STEALING other peoples work dropping flyers at houses where they have a window cleaner? :Image11:

Unspoken rules and all, what if someone rang up and asked you to give them a quote but they already had a window cleaner Hotwash? :Image9:

If I did cold calling and someone said they have a window cleaner, I would stop talking about cleaning and walk away, I wouldn't dream of quoting after they said that.

I am not branding you anything. Pushing to put a price in after telling you that they have a cleaner in my opinion is an attempt to undercut and take the work from another cleaner. If it isn't why not walk away and find more work?

How does everyone else feel about it?

Thing is if your lucky to not have to chase and be REACTIVE. So your enquiries are coming in, your just being reactive to what somebody wants. Bit if your in a position where you are chasing business you have to be PRO ACTIVE, and this is the problem, I would love to be in a position to be able to respond to work that floods in (im just reactive to an enquiry) but.........if business isnt good then you have to be proactive two differnt situations

HE'S THE BARMAN!! HE'S NOT THE MANAGER!!

So him telling me anything about the running of the business is useless, managers make decisions.

I honestly am dumbfounded.

Aren't you STEALING other peoples work dropping flyers at houses where they have a window cleaner? :Image11:
Unspoken rules and all, what if someone rang up and asked you to give them a quote but they already had a window cleaner Hotwash? :Image9:
I don't quote over the phone. If people ring us and they have a cleaner already then the cleaner has caused the customers to ring through whatever reason. We don't push.

No Hotwash, I dont know what you turn over but to walk away and not be PROACTIVE and find out whats going on your patch, BUT then again I gather that all work comes in, and if it does, I totally get that

How is wanting to speak to the manager/ decision maker PUSHING??

If you knocked on the door of a house and a kid of 5 years old answered and said they had a window cleaner, would you walk away or would you ask to speak to the parent?

You're assuming a lot.

Back