Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

what time do you start private work

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Used to be at first house for half 7, now it's more like 8, purely as I like the extra sleep!

Mate of mine starts at 7.15 and never has a problem, he chooses the customers that are up very early to start each day, he's fine tuned his round to perfection, 800 customers, only two workers, and he's minted. Trust me when I say this though, he works very very hard. Earns a fantastic living though, and always starts dead on 7.15! - why I told you all this I don't know! But yeah, 7.15 is the earliest i know of anyone starting residential...

Used to be at first house for half 7, now it's more like 8, purely as I like the extra sleep!
Mate of mine starts at 7.15 and never has a problem, he chooses the customers that are up very early to start each day, he's fine tuned his round to perfection, 800 customers, only two workers, and he's minted. Trust me when I say this though, he works very very hard. Earns a fantastic living though, and always starts dead on 7.15! - why I told you all this I don't know! But yeah, 7.15 is the earliest i know of anyone starting residential...
which firm is he then jake?

About 10 ish but might start earlier if I need be also depends what I'm doing. I don't do pressure washing, guttervac work etc before 9 in a residential area just so not to pee people off.

yeh these days I will go for the latest start...

sorta ten ish ish ish ish...

did start at nine in my youth...had to catch the cleaners for big houses inside so had to be there...

its always okay once that first window is cleaned..and then...the count down to dinner../emoticons/biggrin.png

I'm out by about 9:30 if I'm working in the city. No point in going out any earlier as I will just be stuck in traffic.

which firm is he then jake?

Roberts cleaning services, he has no website, started 20 years ago, all trad, absolute amazing bloke, he's a family friend who trained me and I learnt the ropes off him for about 4 years before going on my own

I'm on a bit of a late start today as frank has not long got out of bed.

I should really sack frank but I'm way too soft. /emoticons/biggrin.png

8.30 for me. Good thing about being yer own boss. "Clock in" when YOU want & no one else.

Know a bloke who starts at 7. Also know & have since got a few of his customers who hated that.

I can understand why ppl get the hup having a trad window cleaner peering through the upstairs windows in the early hours of the morning.

8.30 for me. Good thing about being yer own boss. "Clock in" when YOU want & no one else.
Know a bloke who starts at 7. Also know & have since got a few of his customers who hated that.

Back