Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How long before you chase up a business quote?

Matthew Gordon

Hi,

I quoted 2 large businesses about 3-4 weeks ago for wfp cleaning, they've both got back to me to say they are looking into the quotes, but that was 3 weeks ago. Just wondering whether you would chase these up, how long do you normally leave it before chasing up & what do you normally say to avoid sounding desperate? /emoticons/biggrin.png

Thanks in advance

I would never bother to chase quotes up. Reason being if they have any questions etc they will contact you. Forget & move on as they say /emoticons/wink.png

I would never bother to chase quotes up. Reason being if they have any questions etc they will contact you. Forget & move on as they say /emoticons/wink.png
These are quotes I was 90% sure of getting though as we had approached them & they got back in contact asking us to quote & as far as I'm aware they didn't have anyone else also quoting & they still haven't been cleaned. These are sheltered accommodation buildings so they will need a window cleaner as it's part of the service charge. Has anyone had experience of how long procurement process usually is with businesses?

This^.

There could be a thousand different reasons they didn't reply. The most common I reckon is that they didn't realise how expensive it would be. If you really want that job above then a 2 minute email to chase it up wouldn't hurt though.

I quoted for a 5x block of 3 storey flats about a month ago. I emailed to see if they had got my quote and they emailed back saying they were having a directors meeting a few days later. Not heard owt since. If I get it I get it if I don't I don't /emoticons/smile.png. I think my quote was too high in hind site though.

I quoted for a 5x block of 3 storey flats about a month ago. I emailed to see if they had got my quote and they emailed back saying they were having a directors meeting a few days later. Not heard owt since. If I get it I get it if I don't I don't /emoticons/smile.png. I think my quote was too high in hind site though.
Wasn't high tuffers [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I quoted 2 schools & a factory unit about 4 weeks ago. Not heard nowt. If they come off great if they don't plod on. Remember there's loads out there that can quote so look at it as a bonus if they come through. Don't rely on them.

Wasn't high tuffers [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably a lot more than they are paying now Neil. They did say there were a few complaints, I wonder why :rolleyes:. The bloke did let it slip that they were after 4 quotes and one of them was the current cleaner which I found a bit odd if they are having complaints about them!

I'm thinking it was just a paper exercise as they probably wanted to reduce costs and find someone cheaper maybe which would kill two birds with one stone so to speak

Probably a lot more than they are paying now Neil. They did say there were a few complaints, I wonder why :rolleyes:. The bloke did let it slip that they were after 4 quotes and one of them was the current cleaner which I found a bit odd if they are having complaints about them!

Back