Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Lpg heater

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Lewis

Hi, just joined the site. Was after some advice or pictures if you guys have any. Currently looking at getting a LPG boiler set up for my system and was wondering how people do this and is hot water that much better at cleaning? Thank you

Hi & welcome @Lewis

There seems to be varying opinions of the type of water heater to use. Some like diesel as they don’t like the idea of carrying gas in the van and others like gas water heaters as are cheap to buy to get into hot water wfp work.

The only company that I know of that has calor gas approval to fit gas water heaters in window cleaning vans are surecleansystem in Northen Ireland.

Basically the gas bottle/s is secured in a metal fire proof box that is vented through the floor. Depending what heater is installed that too should be vented.

Hot pure water cleans better than cold for sure.

Thanks smurf, I always operate with my van door open as the hose is bolted onto the frame, il look into a fire proof box, was kinda hoping to install a heater and the have a flue I can stick out the door while working like a steel tumble dryer one, well similar to that.

Back