Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Smartphone, accessories, networks, deals, apps

WCF

Help Support WCF:

DannyB

Hi everyone

I'm not exactly a fan of the newest mobile technology. On the contrary, I'm a complete dinosaur regarding that area. But at the same time, I'm no Luddite and I want to learn using smartphone in my business effectively.

Does anyone use their smartphone in a rather advanced, innovative way in their business? Have you got any tips regarding the size, make and model of an ideal smartphone for a window cleaning, hardware accessories, way of battery charging, mobile networks, particular deals or handy apps?

Do you use any cloud based appointment scheduler that will enable you to set a new quotation appointment even when you are standing on the ladder and receiving a phone call from a new prospect?

Have you got any useful SatNav app on your smartphone?

Do you use your hands free set also for listening music or audio programs?

Don't think that you are supposed to answer all the above questions. ANY single tip or life hack will be handy and most appreciated.

Please tell me your joking :eek:

Doesn't just every man and his dog have an iPhone these days...

Just get an iPhone (or similar) and you'll have all of the above answered
Thank you. Anyway, nowadays far the most sold smartphones are those with the Android OS. Are you able to schedule a new meeting every time at the moment a new prospect is giving you a call? And are you using a phablet or something smaller?

You can schedule in anything into an iPhone calendar and it will alert you to when it's about to 'happen' or you can get it to remind you etc,

iPhones still the best smart phones it there for apps and general features, although this is massively debatable, but having owned iPhones for years and having a wife that's android, I way prefer iPhones!

You can schedule in anything into an iPhone calendar and it will alert you to when it's about to 'happen' or you can get it to remind you etc,
iPhones still the best smart phones it there for apps and general features, although this is massively debatable, but having owned iPhones for years and having a wife that's android, I way prefer iPhones!
Thanks. Can you have a look into your iPhone calendar still while your prospect is calling you and schedule the meeting during the very phone call, too? All the time using only your smartphone and no other device?

Yeah of course, you just put them on speaker phone and you can do anything on the phone while taking to them

Android is the same

I have excel spreadsheets on it and also connected to my laptop so any time i alter my schedule on my phone it automatically alters on my laptop when i get home and turn it on and vice versa

I do the same on speakerphone i can add details etc but i prefer to go round to quote and add it all while there chatting up the new custy

Yeah of course, you just put them on speaker phone and you can do anything on the phone while taking to them
It's not so bad. And do you use the headphones from your hands-free set to listen to music?

You can synch spreadsheets etc easily with dropbox

Well not so much sync as have the file automatically save to dropbox so you open it from there on whichever device you are using

I did listen to music but last 2 days i haven't bothered as been rushing about so much

You can synch spreadsheets etc easily with dropboxWell not so much sync as have the file automatically save to dropbox so you open it from there on whichever device you are using
Cool.

You can listen to music from any smart phone using the headphones provided...

Is this a wind up? Or are you just discovering smart phones?

Forgive me for being rude, but these are questions that haven't been asked by anyone under 60 for about 5 years now lol!

Android all the way, iphones are for kids and grandmas /emoticons/biggrin.png Go for a sony xperia Z, they're waterproof so ideal for a windie! :thumbsup:

You can listen to music from any smart phone using the headphones provided...
Is this a wind up? Or are you just discovering smart phones?

Forgive me for being rude, but these are questions that haven't been asked by anyone under 60 for about 5 years now lol!
I have never had a smartphone. Up to now, I have managed with an archaic mobile phone and laptop.

Regarding the listening of music, my question had a different spin. I wanted to know whether some hands-free sets get routinely used also for listening to music, or if people normally use them only for phone calls while they are driving a car, whereas for music they normally use some different sets of headphones.

I would like to buy correct accessories for my specific needs also because English is not my first language and I have a sort of problem when listening to English speakers when I can't see their faces and lips. In that regard, my situation is quite similar to that one of people with hearing difficulties. So I am making a research regarding a BlueTooth enabled set with good quality headphones that would enable me - at the same time - answering phone calls while driving car, listening to music and audio programs, and also amplifying the sound as much as possible.

Android all the way, iphones are for kids and grandmas /emoticons/biggrin.png Go for a sony xperia Z, they're waterproof so ideal for a windie! :thumbsup:
Waterproofness is an obvious desirable quality, but up to now I haven't given a thought to it.

Not sure if this is relevant or what you are asking, but if you have bluetooth in your car/van then you can use that as your hands-free to make / take calls, listen to your music stored on your phone through your vans speakers etc

Not sure if this is relevant or what you are asking, but if you have bluetooth in your car/van then you can use that as your hands-free to make / take calls, listen to your music stored on your phone through your vans speakers etc
Sure. What I meant was whether there are some universal sets on the market that are appropriate both for use in the vehicle and outdoors. I don't know if people normally use their hands free sets (those with headphones) only to make calls while they are in their vehicles, or whether they are using some of them all the time for all thinkable listening purposes in all thinkable environments. I know it may seem a bit silly, but at this moment I know about such accessories absolutely nothing.

And sorry to ask about something obvious again, but are there also some frost proof solutions on the market nowadays? When I was buying my last mobile phone 10 years ago, no shop assistant was able to help me.

Back