Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Converting to hot water

WCF

Help Support WCF:

SMC CLEANING

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to convert my system to hot water as we are now going into January.

Am looking for some advice on how to do this and also what I will need, I have searched the internet but all I get is systems that cost an arm and a leg. I want to do it DIY if possible.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks /emoticons/smile.png

mr green has covered this- very recently in a lot of detail.search for it on the search bar.

Do you work in Melbourn mate? I'm sure I saw your van there, 2 of you did a bungalow and a few other houses while I was having a lunch break.

Do you work in Melbourn mate? I'm sure I saw your van there, 2 of you did a bungalow and a few other houses while I was having a lunch break.
No mate i don't i'm mainly in Hertfordshire or Essex!! must be someone copying me /emoticons/smile.png)

Hi Guys,
I'm looking to convert my system to hot water as we are now going into January.

Am looking for some advice on how to do this and also what I will need, I have searched the internet but all I get is systems that cost an arm and a leg. I want to do it DIY if possible.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks /emoticons/smile.png
Just buy a water heater (I use a fog wash) some half inch thermidor hose and the red bottle gas.

Screw heater to the back door, job done. ( there's a picture of mine on the thread titled 'hot water for under a £100'

Hot water won't keep you working unless the system recirculates the water and comes on and off via with a thermostat.

A lot of people use the cheap shower heaters,but when you finish work and park up for the night if it's sub zero temperatures your system will be frozen in the morning.

I had a demo of a webasto heater and while it was very good it's very expensive and I found no real need to add hot water.

Hot water won't keep you working unless the system recirculates the water and comes on and off via with a thermostat.A lot of people use the cheap shower heaters,but when you finish work and park up for the night if it's sub zero temperatures your system will be frozen in the morning.

I had a demo of a webasto heater and while it was very good it's very expensive and I found no real need to add hot water.
That's why many of us put a cheapo £20 oil filled radiator in the van at night to prevent freezing.

we might not even get weather cold enough to need it this winter if this weather keeps up

im hoping so because my van heater doesnt work lol

lol u insulate ur pipes in van and wrap ur tank in boiler insulation and put heater in van i use a halogen one from pundstrecher

if it falls over it turns of as pressure switch is relased not frozen water in my van

Hot water is fantastic and you can DIY it very cheap - just search ebay for tankless water heaters - make sure you choose an LPG one, NOT natural gas - and make sure its between 5L and 8L in capacity (I found the 10L one too hot in winter even on minimum temp settings).

Plumb it in just before the hose reel and use double jubilee clips on all the hot side fittings as hot hose will tend to pop off,... hook up a gas bottle, pop in 2 batteries & you're good to go. Usually less than £150 will get you up & running...

I've got the stainless 8lpm lpg heater and considering it's cheap **** I've had it two years now and still working a treat!

As above you need to make sure all your pipe fittings are spot on after the heater as everything softens up and leaks, I started off using mine red hot and cracked a glass window in freezing conditions a few years ago since then I've always had it lukewarm and it still works a treat, just enough to help melt the **** off the windows frames etc!

For the price and how easy they are to fit you can't go wrong.

Back