Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What size hose

D

Deleted member 84

From hose reel to pole. What size do you all prefare? Just swapped from 6 mm to 8mm. Pressure is good. Is it robust? Will it kink more? I'm guessing another advantage is my pump won't have to work as hard saving battery power.

8mm is perfect, less stress on pump, more flow, it won't kink as still very high quality hose, both mocrbore and minibore are very high quality hose

I use 6mm and doesn't ever kink. 100m of 6mm full of water is heavy enough for me. How are you finding the change ALPINEYORKS? I don't get how it makes much difference when it goes down to 5mm pole hose at some point anyway...

I use 6mm and doesn't ever kink. 100m of 6mm full of water is heavy enough for me. How are you finding the change ALPINEYORKS? I don't get how it makes much difference when it goes down to 5mm pole hose at some point anyway...
I think the 6mm hose is your problem with the one shot though @MrBump ...

I have switched from 6 to 8 mm on my backpack and it has made such a different. It has much better flow now than before. 8mm also fit with john guest fittings which is very nice

Doh, looks like I'm going to have to swap out my 100m 6mm hose for some 8mm then /emoticons/sad.png Need to get some more work in though before I can justify the expense as it works just fine as it is, plenty of water coming out and the pressure is high enough to cut glass at just 40 on the controller, but be good to be able to use the one-stop at some point /emoticons/wink.png

Latest Posts

Back