Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water treatment

L

Liam2302

I have a reading of 280ppm and am on a really tight budget so RO is not really a option until I get up and running and can throw more money in so I was just wondering how long will a 25litre bag last using a DI filter, what is roughly the amount of litres I can get from that if filling containers, thanks in advance

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I have a reading of 280ppm and am on a really tight budget so RO is not really a option until I get up and running and can throw more money in so I was just wondering how long will a 25litre bag last using a DI filter, what is roughly the amount of litres I can get from that if filling containers, thanks in advance

Do you mean a 25L bag of resin?! I don't use bags of it so excuse my ignorance. I do however filter a ton loads of water and 280ppm to pure using just a DI filter is not gonna work... it's the RO that filters 90% of it, for example my water is 195ppm and RO gets it to around 15ppm... your better off buying your pure off someone till you make enough for the RO?!

It's late, I'm tired and I'm second guessing myself so wait for a few more responses. Good luck with it all anyway [emoji1303][emoji1303]

Well no budget really I get £100 every 2 weeks and have a baby to provide for so spare I get the off £20, but slowly selling a few bits here and there I just brought a backpack and now getting pole, brush and di vessel and resin and now the RO lol

I have good credit I was thinking about getting a loan to start off (getting a van aswell instead of my 206) but I've never done things like that I've always saved not paid off so not sure atm

Approach the job centre, they can provide funding, business support, and NEA. A friend of mine got all his gear paid for, a business mentor who helped with his business plan, book keeping, sales techniques, startup loan applications etc. NEA (new enterprise allowance) is £65 a week for 13 weeks starting the day you start trading. After 13 weeks it goes to £30 a week for 13 weeks. He was in same situation as you are now, and it was a huge boost and he's now nearly full after 9 months, so they must be useful. Have a look and see what they can dofor you.

I have good credit I was thinking about getting a loan to start off (getting a van aswell instead of my 206) but I've never done things like that I've always saved not paid off so not sure atm

Approach the job centre, they can provide funding, business support, and NEA. A friend of mine got all his gear paid for, a business mentor who helped with his business plan, book keeping, sales techniques, startup loan applications etc. NEA (new enterprise allowance) is £65 a week for 13 weeks starting the day you start trading. After 13 weeks it goes to £30 a week for 13 weeks. He was in same situation as you are now, and it was a huge boost and he's now nearly full after 9 months, so they must be useful. Have a look and see what they can dofor you.

Just a thought, can you ask to help someone not so local to you for a week or two?

A contact could show you what equipment you need, train you up a bit and maybe even sell you some water.

You could always start trading bottoms and backpacking ups.

This forum is a great source for knowledge but before you get in too deep, make sure you like the work and there is a demand for it locally

Thanks I'm not on jobseekers so doubt they will help but the rainwater sounds good but more expense (water butt etc.. ) but I think if I'm determined enough i can do this.. il start trading bungalows until I get the rest of my wfp kit I've already got some good unger trad gear from a few years ago

Thanks I'm not on jobseekers so doubt they will help but the rainwater sounds good but more expense (water butt etc.. ) but I think if I'm determined enough i can do this.. il start trading bungalows until I get the rest of my wfp kit I've already got some good unger trad gear from a few years ago

If you or your partner get tax credits, income support, ESA JSA etc you should still get help

I have 1000 tank in back garden and collect rain water just checked my tds in it this morning ....020 but I haven't cleaned gutters -in two month , when I clean them I can get it down to 010-015 25l bag of resin will last you ages

Its always a good idea to collect rain . Even If not on a meter , its a more sustainable resourse. My custys love the idea of going partially "green"on my water-supply.

Latest Posts

Back