Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Price Increases

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Guys I took over houses that were underpriced. I believe they are underpriced because window cleaners don't have a policy. I have printed off a letter on card and give it to my customers every November. The reason for this is if they are not happy with the increase they have time to find a new cleaner. I can confirm I have never lost a customer in 4 years as they know my system and expect the increase. This is a draft of the notice I give them:Dear Customer

Notice of Price Increase

In line with Government National Living Wage

New charges will commenced from January 1st 2017 through to December 31st 2018

Fixed 2 yearm

Your new window cleaning charge will be £0000

Thank you for your valued customers

Keith

Phone number.

I have no problem increasing £1 every 2 year. And maintains a competitive price.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Pm me it to

Whilst out working this week I spoken to my custys and explained that the price will be going up in January some £2 & some £5.

So far so good, i hope to put the round up by £50 a week £200 a month. Any new ones I pick up will be paying for the privilege of having me in ther garden

Thats it then.. the votes in... everyone price increase in january.. cos your custy n my custy talk.. theyll be in the pub and one will say "Ayup Mavis my windy has gone up £2 since xmas" and Mavis will turn and say "Greed Git. So has mine".

And it will now seem normal to them.... So you lot ready?

CHAAAAAARGE.......

Iv worked out my costs per month factoring in saving for new equipment and van mot and saving for new van. it costs around £650 per month to run biz . I plan on buying 2nd hand pickup outright in 3 years but the extra money per month I need to save puts costs to £855 that's around 40% increase in costs I think. I'm not sure if customers could stomach 40% price increase. I may have got things worked out wrong I'm not best minded business ways but damo or someone with bigger business and more vans on round may be able to advise. I figure the big guys in the biz must have some formula for working out proper price increases and intervals

In line with Government National Living Wage
Ok Mr Windy, but you're at my house for 15 mins, lets add 5 mins drive from last job and 5 min drive to next job we'll call it 25 mins. What the hell let's round off to an even half hour.

Living wage is now £7.50 per hour so here's your £3.75 for my windows. No I'm feeling generous, round it up to £4.

Same time next month?

:whistle:

Yeah I would cut out any waffle about minimum wage - brexit - the price of fish etc

Just say ' it's going up to £££ next year '

Any tips for wording price increases guys?
I've got some VERY outdated houses I inherited years back. Some are £9 when they should be £14 etc. I understand I can't just whack it up £5 or I'd have an exodus!

But at least a £1-2 increase around the board for all customers won't hurt even if I loose a few.

Any recommendations on wording the increase in a letter?
I started to refine my round big style this is one way in which i'm doing it, hope it helps. plus be abit roofless if ya need to be:cool:

Dear ……………….., as my business is continuing to grow I am simplifying the frequency of cleans I offer. I now only offer 6 or 12 week cleans. Currently you are at ………. weekly. After considering the levels of traffic passing your house (which is the main cause of dirt) I recommend your windows be cleaned ……….. weekly at a new cost of £………..

Over the year you’ll find this to be more cost effective also. I hope this make sense and is acceptable to you. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions, sincerely Kent, 07**********

Email: ******************88

I'm also gona do what boarcity mentioned he does which is get some big yellow new price arrow stickers and just increase on the bill as I see fit.

I'm also gona do what boarcity mentioned he does which is get some big yellow new price arrow stickers and just increase on the bill as I see fit.

Don't make long winded reasons why your putting your prices up. I always after cleaning the windows leave a ticket stating that next time the price wil go go up to £00. This gives them the chance to cancel by the time you are due again which isn't very often.

If you must leave a reason say than you no longer clean windows for less than £10 £12 £15 etc

windowsneedcleaning.com

Latest Posts

Back