Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Websites

For me, my website is the best thing i ever brought , I get paid from it by my customers so it saves chasing around and i get approx one job a month all my good commercial jobs i have got from the site.

The website designer i used was very helpfully and he only charges £100.

I get the odd job from it yeah, but to be fair a Google listing would probably do the same. I think it makes you look allot more professional on you document footers, and will help you get in the door with larger commercial work. But the main reason I think it is a must for window cleaners is, online payments. Loads of my customers now pay online when we miss them, which saves me doing allot of running around, and is also a bit more convenient than customers having to send cheques.

Don't need to pay for one, yola do sites for free.

If you do it thru gbbo.co.uk you get a free .co.uk domain as well. Make the site yourself with their simple site- all free!

I don't think I would use a company with a free website, if I was a large commercial. You do need a bit of know how to do it yourself through, PS & Dreamweaver, but it can be worth it. You can spot a template design a mile off the minute you look at it.

For residential customers just using your site for online payments it might not be a problem but again people are wary of using there card details online and this may put them off.

I designed my own, which took me a few weeks, the hosting is about £40 a year so a fairly cheap advert, my site.

I wouldn`t get a free website either i just checked the site i used and still for £95 u get site like mine or if you are not to sure and money is a bit tight they are doing them £5 inc hosting month ( is it really worth doing it yourself ? )

I think the main advantage is if you can design it yourself you can adjust the design and change things as you go, advertise different offers from month to month etc. But if not, then, have someone put something together for you, hosting is cheap enough.

Personally I don't thing I would shell out £100+ for a web design, but if you haven't got a clue where to start, its the way to go.

I think the main advantage is if you can design it yourself you can adjust the design and change things as you go, advertise different offers from month to month etc. But if not, then, have someone put something together for you, hosting is cheap enough.

Personally I don't thing I would shell out £100+ for a web design, but if you haven't got a clue where to start, its the way to go.

I get 30 minutes of his time a month free so that helps if i need to put any updates on . A one off payment of £100 is worth it for me as i have not got a clue about web design i am 1st or 2nd in rankings thats got to be worth it

Laddergarder ive noticed on your site you dont do.spiders webs for free either now how do you price these jobs do you charge per spider or the size of the web lol do you get some that have there own web site with links to other webs and if you destroy there site they are able to rebuild in as little as 30 mins that must be some software they use lol so are some kind of virus do they use anti window cleaning software i like it lol

I put everything through the books, gary boy I never understood any of that, I think you are referring to a specific paragraph that says, removing spider webs is NOT part of the standard service, as if we don't remove the spider it can respin its web before we are finished cleaning the customers windows.

I put that in because, I have had one or two customers, that have complained that we didn't clean them because there is a cobweb on them. My response is always, dirty windows is the only sign that we haven't cleaned them, we don't remove spiders from every nook and cranny of the frame, some are sheltered inside the frame, via small drainage holes, and would be very difficult if not impossible to guarantee that we have removed them. So because of that, and the huge amount of time it would take, we don't remove spiders sorry, we only clean the glass of the window.

I hate house that's surrounded by trees, The frames always seem to be covered in spiders nests and webs everywhere and web is a nuisance if it gets on the glass

you can get one from godaddy.com and just get website to***ht and do it yourself, I did mine in 2 hours. well maybe 3 but it was that easy.

It cost me something like £20 for 6 months.

I currently use vistaprint, under £5.00 per month.... I get to change it whenever i want

But when my business grows further i am going to get Iain to make me one /emoticons/smile.png

I currently use vistaprint, under £5.00 per month.... I get to change it whenever i want

But when my business grows further i am going to get Iain to make me one /emoticons/smile.png
Drop me an email when you're ready mate /emoticons/smile.png

Back