Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Brodex clamps

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I just tightened mine with a spanner done the job mines new aswell and was really slack.

Ah got ya, and I'm guessing they are the black plastic nuts they are pretty flimsy

Get some hard as nails glue mate, they won't budge then.

Just be careful and don't do what I done when glueing my boot ended up with my hand stuck to it lol

I have a newish brodex 18ft pole but when I operate the clamps, the nuts spin round with it. I tried gluing the nuts but they come loose after a few uses. Any ideas anyone?

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?dghmqy
Is that an alloy pole mate?. I have a year old 7' and had the same, not to impressed, but you get what you pay for!. I've just had conformation that 'elite' clamps will fit brodex poles, so am planning to give that a try. I'm wondering if the brodex pole clamps are more rubbish on the alloy poles(?!), as the clamps on my old 34' fibreglass brodex lasted much longer than than that. After nearly 3 years, and lots of adjusting, one of the clamps has started slipping like you are refering to, the rest (although i have replaced the levers) are still more or less usable!.

Any idea where to get these BBD? Think I will get some just in case mine go wrong
If you look on my thread about interchangeable clamps, Paul from aquadapter mentioned earlier on about one of his customers using elite clamps to repair a brodex pole. I asked him if he could find out how the guy got on and he has posted what the guy said about it and put up a link to buy elite clamps. They are £6.50+vat.

Back