Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Full Wfp Set Up.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

A great Idea for the solar panel system!!! May I ask how did you learn to fit all this mate?
I've been doing plumbing and carpentry for years and know about electric as used to work along side a sparky so just picked it up really

fantastic, I just got the solar panel and a 12 v relay switch so that should save me charging the battery every night
Mines been in my van for a year and never had to charge it up!

Nice one. Where did you get the split charger from?

Mounted it in the engine bay within a box and run wire from main battery to it then to the leisure battery. Yer it is wired to it.

I run red wire from engine battery to split relay then red wire out relay to red battery terminal and then black wire from relay to chassis is this wrong?

That's right. You did wire in the fuses each side of the relay?

The second battery have you got the black wire to the chassis too?

It's got both fuses in. I haven't got a wire from system battery to chassis. I didn't know if I needed one? the diagram wasn't very clear

LOL its not that bad. Just take a black wire from the battery to the nearest metal part of the van, scratch an area of paint drill a little hole and screw the wire to that area you scratched the paint off of.

I've already got the earth from the relay screwed to the van so I van just take the wire and fit it to the same screw. Job done!

Back