Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Where to buy spares to sell on?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paul1

Hi guys was thinking of selling few spares/ connections etc to other cleaners in my local area just for.bit extra cash etc... is this possible to and make bit extra income ? and does anyone know where I would buy at right prices? Wholesalers/ manufacturers or china companies etc? Found some companies but its who to trust etc?

Any advice or good contacts appreciated? Cheers

Just looking for friendly helpful advice and help and if worth bothering or not? I like being busy and challenged

I would say it's not worth the hassle to be honest. I'd looked in to making portable static RO systems and cheap van mounts but the money made on the bits would never be worth it. Unless all your local Windies are old and don't have Internet access I can't see you being able to mark up connectors and consumables enough to make any decent money on them. It would be interesting for me especially if you could make it work - I gave up before it begun, and that was when I had time to do it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Just looking for friendly helpful advice and help and if worth bothering or not? I like being busy and challenged
Maybe not what you want to hear but I would recommend you gaining a lot more wfp experience before trying to sell components.

In all due respects, you need to be able to offer customers advice based on your experience. Look to Alex Gardiner as an example. You are at the stage where you still need to gain that experience which is evident from the questions you ask.

-

If I can't pinch it out the back of Pauls van then I just order on the web or call one of the companies we hold accounts with and have them ship it out.

I have a handful of suppliers near me and I still don't bother dealing with any of them as they cost more than the web.

IMO the quantity of each item you would need to buy wholesale to make it viable is insane.

If I can't pinch it out the back of Pauls van then I just order on the web or call one of the companies we hold accounts with and have them ship it out.
I have a handful of suppliers near me and I still don't bother dealing with any of them as they cost more than the web.

IMO the quantity of each item you would need to buy wholesale to make it viable is insane.

That's what occasionally happens with the local guys here who know each other. We borrow and then replace later. I'm certainly not going to ask for a Hozelok O Ring I've given out to be replaced.

Which reminds me, I need to return that 45cm Gardiner brush and c/f gooseneck I borrowed for a job. /emoticons/wink.png

No reason you can't do it but how many bits will you need to shift to make a profit? A lot is the answer. Considering that you would have to buy in bulk and then find buyers locally I can't see it being viable.

Better to seek them on ebay but even then your competing with sellers with more buying power so unless you want to step up and do it big style I can't see how you can make it work on a small scale.

I spent ages looking into selling full time on ebay and the bottom line was to compete on price you need massive buying power in bulk because with the Internet we can see the cheapest price in an instant any buy it.

Or just order off ebay when one of your locals asks for it and add your bit on top. Still won't make much like, unless you have hundreds of local windies coming to you.

Keep thinking though, maybe a viable idea will come along!

Latest Posts

Back