Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Public Liability Insurance

WCF

Help Support WCF:

purpleroad

Which company do you use? And how useful do you think public liability insurance is? I am trying to think how it would be used? Tripping up a hose pipe I suppose.

Most people hardly use ladders which I guess could fall over and damage something.

Also, if you do gardening, bit of carpentry and decorating.

I called Simply Business Insurance and they quoted £85 for window cleaning, maintenance gardening and decorating and carpentry working up to 10 metres in height not including chainsaws or tree felling.

I asked him about tripping over a hose and he said as long as it's not next to a door without adequate warning you should be covered.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but pl isn't compulsory. Just good practice.. I'm with Aplan .

I'm going to look at gleaming in February when my policy comes up .

Correct me if I'm wrong, but pl isn't compulsory. Just good practice.. I'm with Aplan .
I'm going to look at gleaming in February when my policy comes up .

In Scotland there's a legal requirement to hold a Window Cleaner's License which will only be granted if PL is up to date.

I use Simply Business - tailored it to my needs so I have 1mil PL, personal accident, injury, and death, legal cover, and equipment cover (replace my WFP kit if it gets stolen) and it costs me about £28 a month. An hour at work to know that which ever incident may occur I have cover? Worth every penny.

I use Simply Business - tailored it to my needs so I have 1mil PL, personal accident, injury, and death, legal cover, and equipment cover (replace my WFP kit if it gets stolen) and it costs me about £28 a month. An hour at work to know that which ever incident may occur I have cover? Worth every penny.

That's a lot of cover. And you pay a lot. Don't think I would worry about theft, but wouldn't legal cover be good ? I mean if someone trips over your hose pipe and sues you - it could get expensive and having a lawyer would be good I'd say.

That's a lot of cover. And you pay a lot. Don't think I would worry about theft, but wouldn't legal cover be good ? I mean if someone trips over your hose pipe and sues you - it could get expensive and having a lawyer would be good I'd say.
Legal cover is included that's also covered to 1mil. I don't think it's that expensive. Do you really want the expense of replacing 2 or 3 poles, a sky vac, backpack and so on? Would be a couple of grand.

Be careful with simply business I was insured with them years ago and when I looked in to the cover it didn't cover for properly worked on or damage to glass a necessity in are game.

This could be different now.

I use simply business widows & gutter cleaning ladder work up to 2 meters only£1 million cover, £88 a year

Really I got insured for around that for £5 million PL with Simply Business .

It's not a matter of useful, as stated above it is required by law.
I use Gleaming myself, have never had to claim, hope I never will.
Public liability insurance is NOT required by law. Only employers liability. That said every business that comes into contact with the public should really have it. You would be daft not to.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Latest Posts

Back