Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Stopping van freezing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Johnwindow1987

I'm looking at a boiler on eBay and thinking if I got a thermostat in my van when the temp went down to freezing the thermostat cuts in and turns pump on to push water around van back in tank then in morning take the hose from tank back to hose reel or would a thermostat in the water work any thoughts thanks

I can't get van near my house to put electric in

I'm looking at a boiler on eBay and thinking if I got a thermostat in my van when the temp went down to freezing the thermostat cuts in and turns pump on to push water around van back in tank then in morning take the hose from tank back to hose reel or would a thermostat in the water work any thoughts thanksI can't get van near my house to put electric in

What boiler are you looking at?

Can it be vented out of the van when its standing all locked up?

Spring Controllers make a controller that has at froststat setting. When the temps drop to 2 degrees it switches the pump on for 10 minutes and fires the boiler up. Its initiated by temperature but controlled by time. The water needs to recirculate through the tank.

http://www.streamlinesystems.info/userfiles/downloads/56/Streamline Systems 2014 Product Overview A5.pdf

see page 21.

or Hot Water System for Pure Water Cleaning, Window Cleaning, WFP Cleaning

The latest units can control both gas and diesel water heaters.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I was thinking of doing circulat back in tank. Wire pump to a stat set at 1 and if if go below will pump for a bit. Boiler is from eBay around £110 from Germany someone said on her that it's good 8l 16kw

That's what I was thinking of doing circulat back in tank. Wire pump to a stat set at 1 and if if go below will pump for a bit. Boiler is from eBay around £110 from Germany someone said on her that it's good 8l 16kw
It would need to be vented through the roof. With all the doors locked up you will need to put a vent in the floor or leave a window slightly open as well.

A number of cleaners in your situation have successfully used gas air heaters.

12v Propex Heatsource HS2000 Blown Air Heater, MOTORHOME CAMPER BOAT CARAVAN GAS | eBay

The other way is to drain your pump down and bring your hose reel and poles inside. That what a local windie does who also has on street parking.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yes it would have vent. But if I connected a thermostat to pump and had the temp set to 1 . How would I get it to turn water off after 5-10 mins as it would be temp in van not water

Yes it would have vent. But if I connected a thermostat to pump and had the temp set to 1 . How would I get it to turn water off after 5-10 mins as it would be temp in van not water
The Spring manufactured unit is activated by temperature - 2 degrees C - but controlled by time - is has an inbuilt 10 minute electronic timer.

How long would the boiler have to work if it was to raise the temperature of the tank by a couple of degrees? It would need to run for a long time, well longer than the 20 minute safety cutout.

Where would you put the temperature sensor? After all, the water in the heater would freeze long before the water in the tank does?

The boys at Spring have come out with this controller as it ticks all the boxes.

Latest Posts

Back