Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

hose on outside???

mark

does anyone have the hose on the outside of there water fed pole??.just lately,im sick and tired of grit and dirt getting the pole sections,having to wash it through every so often!!!

A few do, but I personally think it looks stupid and unprofessional. But I hear your point about grit and dirt, I have a bucket of water with a bit of solution in my van and after each job place the pole hose in the bucket till I get to next job, keeps the hose like brand new. Then at the end of the day just wipe the hose down and coil it up and put it back in my pole tube.

I'm thinking the same, the winter is the worst for grit and dort as the pole hose gets wet, so all the grit sticks to the hose! So annoying! Today mine got so bad it got stuck, had to force the section off it,

Scratched it quite badly...

I just have a cloth in the back of the van. And when I reel in the hoses I just wrap the cloth round them and it keeps them nice and clean. Quick and easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calum I think we all clean our reel hose.it still doesn't prevent grit getting in the pole when working.i am going to give it ago as from Monday(on outside)it all adds up in time during the day-fed up with it!!

calum I think we all clean our reel hose.it still doesn't prevent grit getting in the pole when working.i am going to give it ago as from Monday(on outside)it all adds up in time during the day-fed up with it!!
Think I'll join you, it's so annoying, but I might look for some clips...

day off 2morrow- going to give it a trial run,some one used cable ties on another forum.these were not tightened fully though.should be an easy fix. to get me through winter!!

The thing that puts me off having the hose on the outside is if the hose has dirt on it and clatters against a newly cleaned window. I think it would be a right PITA, but let us know how you get on chaps.

The thing that puts me off having the hose on the outside is if the hose has dirt on it and clatters against a newly cleaned window. I think it would be a right PITA, but let us know how you get on chaps.
I have mine on the outside mainly as i have the one pole and split it when not using all 30ft

It does get dirty so shows what gets dragged up the inside of the pole

I usually hold it against the pole with my hand which stops it hitting windows

If you want clips why not use the velcro ties you get for tidying cables..long enough to go round the pole and remove easily

Only downside i have found is when doing conny roofs i can get it caught on the finials

Exactly as Dave says.

Had mine on the outside for years now. Well 2. Doesn't catch on windows as hold hose in hand. As for looking unprofessional. How do you come to that.

Can see it now. Look Mildred that window cleaners got his hose on the outside.

Oh Betty. How unprofessional is that ????? /emoticons/tongue.png

Every now and then whilst working, after I've finished at a job I just loosen the clamps and turn on the customers outside tap and gush water through the pole. Had one of my slx poles 2 years now

Exactly as Dave says.Had mine on the outside for years now. Well 2. Doesn't catch on windows as hold hose in hand. As for looking unprofessional. How do you come to that.

Can see it now. Look Mildred that window cleaners got his hose on the outside.

Oh Betty. How unprofessional is that ????? /emoticons/tongue.png
Wagga has his on the outside..uses a backpack on a trolley rather than his van mount and has a wagtail handle attached to the brush to make it swivel well..all completely different from (the norm) but it works well and looks no less professional than anybody else

Too many people like to judge others who don't work the same way

I suppose my trolley doesn't look proffesional either

waggas the man,ive learnt a lot from him.he maybe different but hes an inspiration.it just goes to show you can spend thousands on expensive gear & yet still achieve the same results on a budget.

Bought first CF pole in early 2012 and have always run hose on outside. If needed I do a twirl a few times around the top section to keep it away from the house and glass. Unger do clips on their poles and Reach-it has just released their equivalent 'tube runner'. On higher stuff I do the same as Davey and Posh and just hold it tight against pole by holding it in hand.

It makes it so easy for maintenance of the pole..if it feels a bit gritty the sections can be taken apart instantly and cleaned with no threading the hose back after so can fix problems on the job

I sometimes grab the whole hose while coiled up and run under custys tap before putting away

I prefer out , but before putting it back on my pole rack I always give it a wipe down same with hose reel hose as I reels it in

I prefer out , but before putting it back on my pole rack I always give it a wipe down same with hose reel hose as I reels it in
A 2 second job can save you good 15 min job by taken poles apart

i am definitely an outy. wouldn't even think of putting of putting hose inside pole. i have never had to clean the inside of my poles because nothing goes in there, they're clean as a whistle. i never need to clean the hose either, if it's dirty because it's raining and muddy it will either be dirty again at the next job or clean itself dragging over the wet grass.

rhino tube and reach it rock.

So do you keep the hose on the outside attached somehow to the pole? Any pictures? Been doing this lark for over 20 years but am interested in this outside lark :thumbsup:

Back