Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WFP fed from a customer's kitchen/bathroom/garden tap

WCF

Help Support WCF:

DannyB

Hi everyone

As it has been recently suggested here, the WFP can get meaningfully used even with a normal tap water at least for the purpose of conservatory roof cleaning.

Just for the sake of cleaning the conservatory tops, I am also considering a purchase of cheap fibre-glass WFP, potentially SPOT-LITE with 5mm tubing from cleaningspot.co.uk.

What makes me a slight headache is all the necessary equipment between a customer's tap and the WFP I will need to buy to make the system work.

I suppose I will need a set of adaptors to be able to connect a feeder hose to the overwhelming majority of kitchen/bathroom/garden taps currently used in the UK households, a feeder hose, a portable reel with a main hose, and a couple of connectors to connect the feeder hose to the reel and the main hose to the WFP.

I'd imagine the features of all that equipment will need to be slightly different from a comparable equipment standardly used for connecting the WFP to some van-mounted purified water tank or RO unit.

I consider getting quite a long feeder hose, to be always able to keep the reel in front of a customer's house. But without any practical experience, it's very difficult for me to decide the proper length of the feeder hose, the sufficient length of the main hose, the proper diameter of both feeder and main hoses as well as the best material for the both hoses. Either, I am not quite sure if I know all the necessary precautions to take to avoid flooding the customer's house not only during my using the WFP, but also after removing the feeder hose off the customer's kitchen/bathroom tap and during taking the feeder hose outside.

Has anyone ever used a WFP fed with their customers' tap water for the conservatory cleaning or any other cleaning purposes? Is there any experience to share from such a grey, if not even obscure, area of WFP technology application?

I also apologise in case the issue has already been discussed in this forum. If it's indeed the case, I will be grateful even for you recommending me any particular threads from the past that relate in any way to these problems.

Danny, from customers tap to your 8mm hose reel, connect your brush and off you go.
Just remember when you go back to the windows to run enough pure water to flush the hose pipes.
Cheers @Green Pro Clean Ltd . So you recommend me 8mm feeder and main hoses to connect to the WFP with a 5mm tubing. Great. And am I also right the feeder hose should be long enough to keep the reel in front of a house?

I may request at least 25m feeder hose (between the tap and the reel), and at least 60m main hose (coiled on the reel)...

If you use your WFP via a customers tap to your brush with either pencil or spray jets you won't get much flow. It will drive you crazy trying to rinse down. Buy yourself a standard garden hose on a reel and spray some ubik or whatever degreasing agent you use on your brush then scrub and rinse with your hose.

If you use your WFP via a customers tap to your brush with either pencil or spray jets you won't get much flow. It will drive you crazy trying to rinse down. Buy yourself a standard garden hose on a reel and spray some ubik or whatever degreasing agent you use on your brush then scrub and rinse with your hose.
Cheers mate. Do you (or did you) have a collection of several connectors/adaptors to be able to connect your feeder hose to the most types of tap nozzles one can find in the UK kitchens, bathrooms or gardens?

Cheers mate. Do you (or did you) have a collection of several connectors/adaptors to be able to connect your feeder hose to the most types of tap nozzles one can find in the UK kitchens, bathrooms or gardens?
Most uk outside taps are a standard size. Don't bother with using inside taps. You will struggle to find anything to fit customers inside taps and if you do, and the hose becomes unattached, you'll end up with water everywhere. Go to a garden centre and buy an assortment of outside tap adapters.

or simply just buy a cheap 20 ltr back pack & fill it from the tap.sometimes you can over complicate things.

Back