Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Long Should Resin Last?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

bluemoon

Hi all wondered if anyone can give me some advice? I have been using 2 8x24 di vessels since the beginning of March and refill my 350l tank 2 or 3 times a week on average. Today i checked my ppm from the 1st vessel and it was reading over 100. 2nd vessel and tank are at 000ppm. Is this normal or am i doing something wrong? My ppm from tap is about 220. Grateful for any advice

Thanks Smurf, according to that i should change every 7 weeks. Thought i might get a bit longer out of it but least i can swap vessels around to get a while longer from my resin. Thanks again mate !!

as u are using twin di and you can safely clean with up to 10ppm I think you would get approx. 3 times what the gardeners calculator is telling you

ive cleaned with 18ppm before, this week actually and when the sun dried it i got no spotting. i harvest rain water aswell and that goes up to 12ppm sometimes and doesnt spot.

lol & I was worried the other day when mine was coming out at 2ppm :eek:hmy: stopped working & went & changed my resin straight away! :biggrin:

So you should :biggrin:

lol & I was worried the other day when mine was coming out at 2ppm :eek:hmy: stopped working & went & changed my resin straight away! :biggrin:

heard stories about ppl cleaning with tap water before in soft water areas.
I don't think that was in this country??
I have seen it too, but it was in new Zealand, where a guy went there for holiday/seeing parents, they wanted windows cleaned, and apparently the ppm of water was around 50ppm!

He used a normal sweeping brush and the tap water!

Windows came out sparkling apparently!

Thanks all for your help and advice. I'll wait till my second vessel gets to 10 Mark and then i'll get some new resin. Should last longer then until i can get some more customers and need to fill my tank every day, its slowly building up and i cant wait till i have enough jobs to fill all my weeks. Knock knock and knock some more doors is the way i found works best. Thanks again

Thanks all for your help and advice. I'll wait till my second vessel gets to 10 Mark and then i'll get some new resin. Should last longer then until i can get some more customers and need to fill my tank every day, its slowly building up and i cant wait till i have enough jobs to fill all my weeks. Knock knock and knock some more doors is the way i found works best. Thanks again
Hey bluemoon dont forget when 2nd di gets to 10 mark (or whatever u deem unusable) only change resin in 1st di vessel & switch over vessels ( 2 becomes 1 )

also shaking and stirring resin can prolong its life lol

Latest Posts

Back