Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Much Would You Charge

JimMac

Hi Guys I have been asked to clean all the glass on ground floor and first floor outside only. also clean fiber-glass canopy which should be white but with age and our nice weather has turned yellow'ish

canopy at the front entrance

18x3=54 square metres

Canopy to rear of school 43x4=172 square metre

Pic 432 have the same windows on the other side

pic 433 just the windows ground and first floor

Pic 434 big window in the corner

Pic 436 All windows top and bottom and canopy

Pic 441 all windows ground and first floor plus canopy area

Pic 440 all windows front

Freq Yearly on windows and canopy, good bit of glass there.

Thank you for your help as always

Jim

View attachment 2109

View attachment 2110

View attachment 2111

View attachment 2112

View attachment 2113

View attachment 2114

Windows at least £350 and canopy depends on how bad it was and how much cleaning needed doing but probably around the £2/m2.

Rough guesstimate...

The big canopy side there are 144 panes of glass? Haven't counted the rest of the windows..

That canopy is huge...

It's a yearly clean!!!

So yes approx £600+

I'm not desperate to bust my chops.. I have 2 young boys and it ain't cheap to send them to school.. And it's not cheap to clean schools windows!!

As would also be a cherry picker job to conform with H&S for the canopies and clean windows above those flat roofs.

Thanks for the feed back guys,

Papa smurf you always have to chuck in a curve ball in, hear what your saying tho. the flat roof that I would use for the canopy at the front has a safety rail attached so OK there.

Put in a quote of 226 metre square canopy Cost £336.00

Windows 384 individual pains of glass Cost 350.00

it's out of my hands now

Just wondering how much pure water i would use on those as they have not been cleaned for a year.

Jim

On thoses sort of jobs is when a system that can produce at good flow rate of pure on demand onsite would come into there own..

Have you tried you trailer setup to see if it's anygood used like that?

Good luck with the quote :Image9:

Yep gives me a good flow of pure water when under pressure from main supply but even a better flow from the waste, lol but have been using waste water for driveway cleaning when they come in or gutter cleaning and as the school is not worried about water I think I will have that running as long as I'm there.

So thats sorted then...

Speaking of pressure washing how are you going to clean those conopies and what access equipment will you be using?

Mind you going by the pics the cladding at the top of the buildings could do with a clean too :Image13:

Because the canopy is fiber glass was going to use a mild detergent then pressure wash using a 7.2 m extension lance on either a aluminium mini tower or ladders with ladder standoff microlite on top.

Using a small spinner also that can fit onto the end of a shorter not so heavy telescopic lance for that job might work methinks if your going to use a tower.

I personally would not do pressure washing from a ladder. That's one of the reasons why I mentioned using a cherry picker as would have thought is a lot less hassle than using a tower so are able to work directly overhead the canopies rather than trying to clean them from the front.

Latest Posts

Back