Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Another water tank question !!!!

Natty1972

I ,m using a pf trolley with barrels ( been using about 10 barrels on average but laterly I've been using a little more) ...I use it as a static with a hosereel sometimes if I ve got a few jobs together or on bigger houses ... I was thinking about putting a water tank in the my van and just using my trolley for awkward houses ....

I was under the impression that if you put a water tank in you had to have it framed and inspected for your insurance company....

If I just strapped it in using the anchor points would I be breaking the law ????

If you are allowed to strap it down would a 350 tank be ok for a combo van ... Any views would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Nathan

Most ppl can get away with just strapping a tank in and hope for the best. The problem with that is in the event of a crash you have no idea if the anchor points it is attached to is going to hold up or not.

I have a 350 tank ratchet strapped into my berlingo first, been like that for 3 yrs now & no problem. I only use backpacks so I have a 1" outlet tap in the tank so they fill in seconds rather than minutes.

I've had 1 small crash when a lovely cuddly old lady pulled out in front of me & that never shifted the tank

best move I ever did was getting tank n van

Back