Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

P5 no flow

WCF

Help Support WCF:

rafawindowcleaning

As above P5 on the cntroller and no flow all of a sudden. Also pump has gone quiet. Tried recalibrating and gone up with cal from 63 to 85 but no change. Spring controller. Battery showing 12.3 so should be fine. All equipment 5 months old - battery pump and controller. What could be the problem chaps and how to fix it ?

Anybody? The only idea I had was to put battery on a worktop charger overnight as has gone quiet and I do not have a split relay charger and hasnt been charged for a few days now. So will see in the morning. Failing that any other ideas?

PS is pressure switch or motor disconnected, if the pressure switch has activated relive the pressure and sometimes they need a little "tap" to unstick it; if the motor is disconnected check the wiring.

All wires seem where they supposed to be tight. No loose wiring as far as I can see. Hard to take good photos as hosing is in the way. Also battery disconnected at the moment
On the first picture with the pump you will see 2 red wires. Pull the terminals off and stick a short piece of wire into each of them. This way you are by-passing the pressure switch. If it works, then you need a new pressure switch. If not then the problem is else where.

Then check the fuse.

Then take the pump off and put the black wire on the negative battery terminal of your vehicle battery and the red on the positive. The pump should run. If it does then the problem is not the pump, its elsewhere.

So... it looks like a pressure switch might be at fault. Ordered one on ebay already. For future reference where is the fuse on shurflo pumps? I was looking for one and couldnt see one? Do they look like fuses in a car?

Rafa, the causes for PS operating are, restriction of water flow, twisted hose etc. Blocked water jets or dirt, air trapped in system.

However I think in your case the pump has become disconnected from the controller probably from the wires between them becoming damaged or corroded.

Back