Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WFP of choice

WindowsSussex

Hi chaps,

We have an ionic van, we have tried out the hot water and their new parts per billion.

As an overall system, it seems to be well made. But we are considering our options in replacing our other van which is a omnipole system.

We are not into making your own, so we are looking for a company.

Things which matter to us:

- a low cost of operation

- high quality of components

- excellent support and aftersales care

Would appreciate your thoughts.

Also if you are in a sharing mood, what poles you have found work the best.

Thanks

Alex

Short answer:

Pure Freedom

Gardiner poles

But: I have just converted to DIY and am really pleased - saved a fortune. But that's just a personal choice - appreciate what you have already said about not wanting to go down that route.

Good luck

Welcome @WindowsSussex. Can't help with the van mount as I did a DIY and saved ££££'s. Why don't you do a DIY, it's very rewarding seeing it working and being able fix it.

As for poles; Gardiners full carbon.

Hi & welcome :thumbsup:

You must have forgot the huge budget bit as ionics parts per billion hot water systems are not cheap.

Regarding build quality most use off the shelf parts so there are plenty of suppliers out there to choose from. I like the look of grppamax van mounts myself but have not had any dealings with them. However I know one or two on here like @shazzy692002 has one you could ask

Hi chaps,
We have an ionic van, we have tried out the hot water and their new parts per billion.

As an overall system, it seems to be well made. But we are considering our options in replacing our other van which is a omnipole system.

Thanks

Alex

Welcome @WindowsSussex. Can't help with the van mount as I did a DIY and saved ££££'s. Why don't you do a DIY, it's very rewarding seeing it working and being able fix it.
As for poles; Gardiners full carbon.
Yep diy all the way mate!!

Save £££££££

And u can make it look and work better than the 'big companies if you want'

This is an old vid, I've updated bits since this..

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R84xXDdobYE[/media]

Needs cover over battery
Nah don't need a cover, I'm always charging it/unclipping solar panel wires etx, been like that for over a year never been an issue..

Nah don't need a cover, I'm always charging it/unclipping solar panel wires etx, been like that for over a year never been an issue..
Agree - I'm never ever, ever unclipping it or charging it (as I only learnt your supposed to do that t'other day) but mine just sits quite happily behind the tank - and imagine it will continue to do so as I don't have a charger - that's my excuse - think the world have sold out.

Thanks guys. We will have a look at Pure Freedom. Like I said, just not keen on the DIY at the moment.

I have seen Facelift on window cleaning warehouse? Are they any good?

@peter rogers - no sorry, Im avoiding facebook. :)

Hi chaps,

Thanks

Alex
We is a very important word in your post.

If you are a business employing staff with several vans that you haven't got control over every second of the day, then I understand why a DIY system isn't for you.

As @Smurf suggested Grippatanks would be a good choice as they are more conveniently situated than PureFreedom is in Grimsby.

If anything were to go wrong, say the vehicle was in an accident, then a poorly fitted DIY system could be used as an excuse for the insurance company to 'wash their hands' of your claim. At least having a professional system fitted means that you have done the best you can to provide a safe vehicle and a safe working environment for your staff.

Whilst many on here have DIYed their system, I have also seen some unbelievable contraptions their owners are very proud of. The last one I saw was a 1000 liter IBC tank in a 1.9 Citroen Dispatch full with a couple of ratchet straps suitable for keeping a suitcase onto a roof rack on an old Morris Minor. Not only was the IBC tank full (payload of van 815kgs) but there were 2 guys up front and no bulkhead between them and a ton of water - business logo all over the side of the van.

Latest Posts

Back