Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Upgrading The Di / Ro Unit - Need Help

S

sdrah

HI - im planning to modify the DI / RO unit I have - as is quite slow - I get about 50 gallons in 24 hrs .

I might be wrong - but I think that to improve the gallons / day I need another RO membrane ?! and I found one (40" RO membrane) on ebay item 350624412394

will it be enough just to disconnect the old membrane and connect the big one ? if I change the membrane will the other filters be ok ? the DI vesel ? will the system work fine ?

regards

you will need the housing aswell.

what RO do you have now.

you may need bigger better pre fillters, to allow better water flow.

you would need at least an 11L DI,

also probably new pipe work for most of it

ok - so if i need pipes , membrane filters etc - then probably I will still use mine it as it is - and will DIY a new one . then , i ll bin the old one

what is your current RO, does it have a pump.

a booster pump will make it more efficient.

you can also get upgrade kits to add 100/150 gpd membranes on to what you have

it is a 250 gpd - is exactly this on on ebay 300616284756

why it called 250 if it gives me 5 times less : )

no I don't have a pump - as I thought the pressure is good enough ?

That's just a 4040 membrane so you will also need a 4040 housing to put it in or have I missed something?

personally i think they have got that set up wrong, it needs another pre fillter.

i have a 250gpd day one and it has 3 pre filters, then the 2 membrains then the resin.

mine has booster pump on it and in the right temp it gives me 400lts just over night. (9-10 hours)

Latest Posts

Back