Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hi my names mark I'm just starting out for myself after 5 years if working for some1 else

mark macca

Hi I've also just moved to a new area barking Essex so have also got to get to grips with priceing a different area and not treading on anyone else's toes any advice would be much appreciated thanks in advance

"tread on anyones toes" ,made me chuckle. my advice is to stumble on blindly and never say sorry if you tread on/canvass a house that already has a cleaner.

its a strange but true fact that most of the time the current cleaner will be glad to be rid of/hand over this pain-in-the ass customer.

You are right but we're I was working before we were falling over each other and it did sometimes get abit much and hard to canvass when there's 3 different windies working the road at a time

You are right but we're I was working before we were falling over each other and it did sometimes get abit much and hard to canvass when there's 3 different windies working the road at a time
where were you before.?

i work in colchester not a million miles from baRKING and i can tell you essex is boomtime right now, no need to low price now whatsoever .

I was in basildon but most of them were summertime warriors and no not a million miles but I'm finding it different hear canvassing is a lot harder as no 1 ever seems to answer doors I'm in the process of getting leaflets designed so thought I'd give canvassing ago I never had to do it before and it is quite daunting

I was in basildon but most of them were summertime warriors and no not a million miles but I'm finding it different hear canvassing is a lot harder as no 1 ever seems to answer doors I'm in the process of getting leaflets designed so thought I'd give canvassing ago I never had to do it before and it is quite daunting
if i was you id get posting your blurb daily on the local buy n sell groups on Facebook. this is a lot easier than leafletting ,tho that still has its place

I have tried Facebook but all I find on there is people wanting work done for nothing and a fair few messers that ask for a quote and never there when u get there but I'm sure thay ain't all like that

I have tried Facebook but all I find on there is people wanting work done for nothing and a fair few messers that ask for a quote and never there when u get there but I'm sure thay ain't all like that
i agree the messers are there,but so are the ordinary folk who pay normally. i found if you put photos up [of you cleaning a window] and a typical price this increases the response greatly . iv not use facebook recently now as my rounds chocka full, but when i did i tripled my round no exaggerating, by using facebook including the paid ads occasionally

Hi I've also just moved to a new area barking Essex so have also got to get to grips with priceing a different area and not treading on anyone else's toes any advice would be much appreciated thanks in advance
Sod em all mate

Get out there and saturate the area with leaflets..canvassing and facebook

If you get someone else's customer then they should have done a better job

Thanks il give it another try it's goto be worth it I've just never had to do it myself and now I'm trying to make a life better for me and my family

Thanks for that daveyboy it was my way of thinking but I didn't rele want to put it that way I'm just trying to get to grips with going alone after just haveing to get up and going to work and noing what I had every week but I think I can do better on my own just going to take time I guess

"I'm trying to make a life better for me and my family"

That is 100% the drive and determination you need to get out there and get it done

Everything i do is to make sure my wife and son want for nothing

I grew up on shite london council estates with nothing and damn sure my family aren't gonna struggle like we did

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn right I agree my family had nothing I grew up / dragged up to fend for myself I dnt want my kids to look back and ask y we couldn't have this and that it's in my hands to make it for them

Good luck and go for it...I had a 6 month contact working as a Carpenter for Barking Council...massive council housing stock there...they laid me off at Christmas 90 and I spotted a Navy careers office driving home...the rest is history.

Thanks for all the kind words and support I'm sure to be back with a few more questions and will be out canvassing all day tomorrow and will update on how it goes and yes a lot of council houses were I am there's a lot of 3 story housing association places I'm useing a facelift backpack my pole not big enuf for them but will in time be able to afford a bigger better pole tho thanks again tho

Latest Posts

Back