Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

DIY 2 man system - 800 ltrs - How to?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

steele

I'm looking either buy a 2 man system in the new year with a new larger van. I'm just considering my options at the moment and have been looking at the Pure Freedom and Grippmaz systems, these are my leading favourites, not keen on Ionics, Brodex, Cleaning Warehouse or WCW.

I have a static RO system at home so a van RO/DI is unnecessary but something to consider in the future, so i'm just looking at a 2 man delivery system. I'm not considering a hot water system either.

If I went the DIY route does anyone have any tips? My current set up is a 500ltr DIY set up and works fine so I'm trying to justify the expense of a custom system or go DIY again.

Can two pumps be supplied by one outlet hole from a tank or is it best to have two tanks side by side?

Has anyone got a link to a set up they have made?

Cheers

I'm looking either buy a 2 man system in the new year with a new larger van. I'm just considering my options at the moment and have been looking at the Pure Freedom and Grippmaz systems, these are my leading favourites, not keen on Ionics, Brodex, Cleaning Warehouse or WCW.
I have a static RO system at home so a van RO/DI is unnecessary but something to consider in the future, so i'm just looking at a 2 man delivery system. I'm not considering a hot water system either.

If I went the DIY route does anyone have any tips? My current set up is a 500ltr DIY set up and works fine so I'm trying to justify the expense of a custom system or go DIY again.

Can two pumps be supplied by one outlet hole from a tank or is it best to have two tanks side by side?

Has anyone got a link to a set up they have made?

Cheers
hi its my first post so bear with me not up on technical jargon yet.I have a van i fitted with 650 l tank,pump and controller.I,ve just converted to two man set by simply buying extra pump and controller,setting it above first set up,adding a three way splitter on main water outlet and using to feed each pump and adding outlet at back of van for pump two.Both pumps wired to same leisure battery,it works spot on.Hope this helps

hi its my first post so bear with me not up on technical jargon yet.I have a van i fitted with 650 l tank,pump and controller.I,ve just converted to two man set by simply buying extra pump and controller,setting it above first set up,adding a three way splitter on main water outlet and using to feed each pump and adding outlet at back of van for pump two.Both pumps wired to same leisure battery,it works spot on.Hope this helps
cost £320 all in pump,controller and new hose reel( got a second brush already), and two hours of my time,don,t see point of payin top dollar for same results if u can diy.Doin 25 to 30 houses tmrw with my son will see if its worthwhile,money and time wise

You could also consider having the second guy use a trolley.

But a second pump, controller and reel is really all you'd need, yes.

cost £320 all in pump,controller and new hose reel( got a second brush already), and two hours of my time,don,t see point of payin top dollar for same results if u can diy.Doin 25 to 30 houses tmrw with my son will see if its worthwhile,money and time wise

Cool, let me know how it goes, I'm hoping to be able to hit £400 a day with a 2 man system.

I'm looking for inspiration and tips on building a 2 man system. I'm thinking 1000 litres with the aim of hitting £400 a day. Show me your DIY skills please!

If you post a picture could you state what size the tank is and what van you're using and any other helpful pointers or equipment you found useful.

Thanks in advance

1000 liters plus 2 man gear and two grown men will see a lot of vans very near payload limits.
Cant help you otherwise as mine is a one man set up.
Yeah, agrred, I'm now leaning towards an 800 system, with a Vivaro 2900 (1250kg) and don't really want to be driving a larger van around.

look on ebay, window cleaning van for sale. you can magnify pics when moving cursor over pic.it will give you some ideas
Thanks johnny, been doing that as well as google image search, got some good ideas

Cool, let me know how it goes, I'm hoping to be able to hit £400 a day with a 2 man system.
we managed to do 25 houses ,worked from 9 til 4 pm and cleared £375 in total,set up worked spot on.Happy days

What size is that tank, do you not have an problems with the water favouring one pump?
650 liters and no we don't have one pump being favoured that we are aware of in practice. We can both work comfortably with 2 liters a minute at the brush head. Being using that now for nearly 8 years.

We occasionally uncouple the hose reels and put the 2 hoses together into a 25l plastic container and run the pump flat out to fill the container quickly. No issues either.

But I doubt we will get much more from it if we wanted to.

If you are concerned then about flow then the solution is simple. 1 x 1" male to male barrel nipple into the tank outlet. 1 x 1" T piece and then reducers to 1/2" hose so you have each pump with it's own supply.

Or you could add another outlet to the bottom of the tank.

id like to get my reels off the floor, youd be surprised the room they fill up when raised.. lots of storage underneath. ill try it for next year. atm trying to fit all my work in to be done now and before xmas. They will only be getting cleaned if they are in at last week b4 xmas. otherwise they will not want to pay you

Back