Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

300 gpd ro help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

A

abs

Hi , I've just bought this second hand 300 gpd ro by streamline has anyone got any clue on these how it's back washed or even set ? It's working and producing 5 ppm water but the waste is huge ,they is a Allen key to turn to slow down the waste but if I do that what damage will that do if any to the membrane? I know it's not a lot to go sorry /emoticons/sad.png

Does it look like this one?

If so this gives you instructions how it works

[media]

[/media]

Thanks for that @Smurf the unit I've got has just the 1 membrane it was originally on a little frame and it's also got a water pressure gauge on the front of it ,I'll try and out some pictures up at some

This is what I have ,I haven't a clue how to back wash it and they Isn't and taps or anything ??

have you measure the output, the waste may seem very high to you but it might be right.

get a jug and time 1L for both the pure and waste out put.

it should be around 2-1, or the worst i had was 4-1, thats waste to pure production

have you measure the output, the waste may seem very high to you but it might be right.
get a jug and time 1L for both the pure and waste out put.

it should be around 2-1, or the worst i had was 4-1, thats waste to pure production
Thanks m8

I have a little device on the waste hose that I can tighten a little Allen key up on,this slows down the waste but should this speed up the pure too and will slowing the waste damage the membrane

the pure should speed up a bit.

with a 300gpd i think the best you will get is around 30L per hour

the pure should speed up a bit.with a 300gpd i think the best you will get is around 30L per hour
Thanks I'd be well happy if I can achieve that,just need to figure out back washing as they isn't any taps or anything like that on it ?

Best you contact streamline directly first instead of messing with it.

Thanks m8I have a little device on the waste hose that I can tighten a little Allen key up on,this slows down the waste but should this speed up the pure too and will slowing the waste damage the membrane

Yep those small type ro's are painfully slow that is why most eventually end up with a 4040 ro.

I just checked the production rate on my old pf 300 gpm ro and is running at 30 litres an hour so takes a wee bit of time to fill one of my 1000 ltr ibc tanks.

I've got a titchy ro, does about 12/hr. Seems plenty. Cheap too. How much water do you need? Having space to store it helps.

Depends what I'm doing but can get through roughly 6,000 litres a month of pure. That just working maybe 12 days a month if I can be arsed that is.

I find 1000 litre ibc's are ideal to use as holding tanks to store large volums of pure when using a static ro/di system. For me they don't seem to take up much space either as the footprint of the tanks are quite small and are also stackable too if need be.

I can manage with 1200 ltr a week at the moment ,I've now condensed my work and squeezed it together day by day simply by getting rid of a few and working that little bit longer I've managed to let a full week to myself a month

Back