Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ibc Tank In The Garage

baconlover1

Name :eek:lly

Cleaning Method :trad/wfp

Years cleaning :8 years trad

Area :

About me :#

Hi im after a bit of advice i have just bought a vauxhall vivaro van containing a 650l tank with a 100psi , pump a 4.5litre di vessel , battery couple of hose reels im a tradional window cleaner a the minute but would like to start using the pole but first need to work how the best way to preduce the water im thinking at home in a tank in the garage but have been told i could fill up straight from the garden hose into the back of the van but i would need to use more resin but as being new to this i dont really understand the best way and the most cost effective ? so any advice would be great . and also it didnt come with any poles so any advice on what poles i should buy would be great .

many thanks olly

First of all you need to get a tds meter to see how high you water (ppm) is then let us know . where are you based ?

Name :eek:lly 

Cleaning Method :trad/wfp

Years cleaning :8 years trad

Area :

About me :#

Hi im after a bit of advice i have just bought a vauxhall vivaro van containing a 650l tank with a 100psi , pump a 4.5litre di vessel , battery couple of hose reels im a tradional window cleaner a the minute but would like to start using the pole but first need to work how the best way to preduce the water im thinking at home in a tank in the garage but have been told i could fill up straight from the garden hose into the back of the van but i would need to use more resin but as being new to this i dont really understand the best way and the most cost effective ? so any advice would be great . and also it didnt come with any poles so any advice on what poles i should buy would be great .

many thanks olly

Thanks for that RiceRocket next question if you dont mind ;-) what size am i going to need to fill a 1000 litre ibc tank and also what sort of pump would i need to get it out of one tank to the other ?

the thing i dont no if you could explain to me is the meaning of waste water using an RO kit ??

many thanks

I don't use a RO kit myself (I get 120ppm water in my area so I use twin DI vessels) so am not totally clued up on them but I gather a 400GPD kit is minimum recommended but a higher GPD will fill your IBC quicker. The waste water is a continous byproduct of the RO kit as near pure water is produced that you send down the nearest drain.

To get the pure water from tank to tank you need a submersible pump placed in IBC and these usually need bigger 1" hose type to transfer the water.

Thanks for that im getting in the right direction the only other things is can you re use the waste water ?
With rain water yes (Flush the rain water storage tank if the PPM raises above 75ppm), with tap water unfortunately not.

thanks Chimera so any ideas on the running cost or should i say water bill if i was using 1000 litres a day ?? am i right in thinking RO system waste alot of water does it matter but i take it water bill is going to go up alot ??

1000L costs about £10 if you're on a meter but once you've cleaned all your customers' windows a couple of times & you're more WFP proficient you can potentially earn much more than if you stayed trad.

Back