Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Council Tenders...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

my mate had a decorating company 5 guys working for him did council work put all his eggs in one basket they broke him he now works in a factory

my mate had a decorating company 5 guys working for him did council work put all his eggs in one basket they broke him he now works in a factory
awful. what happened exactly ?

I have know personally more than one that has lost everything doing sub work on large contracts. Main contractor get into trouble and it takes the rest of the subs with them.

My local council puts an advert in the paper around the time it's due. Every 3 years I think.

It's only for show though. My old gaffer held the contract for over 60 years.

It's all about knowing the right people.

loads of work but the margins are tight and they just hang on to there cash. His guys had rent kids ect and they got there money every month he diddent. Unless your massive and have other things going on with other money sources contracts that pay and can ride the storm you are going under

loads of work but the margins are tight and they just hang on to there cash. His guys had rent kids ect and they got there money every month he diddent. Unless your massive and have other things going on with other money sources contracts that pay and can ride the storm you are going under
about 4 yrs ago when working downtown Ipswich a plastering contractor approached me,driving latest pickup - can i spare the time to clean windows? his big firm was halfway thru a big council house refurb contract and getting slowed up cleaning oversprayed plaster off the windows. i said ok, iv a man i can spare 1 day per week- great he says,start monday,be at 123 serpentine rd at 8a.m.

get there, nobody knows anything and gaffa wont answer his phone. so i think fuc you and we go elsewhere get on with regular work. few weeks later i notice the contract work has stalled with 100s houses half done .was it down to messed up windows? i will never know

scroll on 2yrs this same plasterer now has an old tranny and advertizing in small ads , far cry from his glory contract days !

Last edited:
Back