Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rotary surface cleaner.

Diwrnach

If you are happy with it then that's all that matters :thumbsup:
Its earned me a fair amount of cash over the two years I have owned it, in fact last week it earnt more than it cost me with very happy customers.

Though I would like to upgrade to one of those loncin with a rotary soon, maybe before the summer really kicks off? have to see what funds are like /emoticons/smile.png

I still want to get a 21 lpm pump but still looking out for a good used one as I hate paying out silly money for new stuff.

Yes I've got a 14hp 3600 psi 15lpm loncin that is a good budget washer but to be honest I prefer to use the delta gx340 honda engine with a ws201 interpump and reduction gearbox now that runs at 3000 psi at 15lpm.

Here are some side by side pics to compare the two

Loncin is on the left in this pic

View attachment 3948

View attachment 3949

Sorry to derail the thread a bit, but @Smurf how do you rate the rotary surface cleaners? I am trying to decide if I should bother or just stick with a turbo nozzle.

Just to follow on from the other thread instead of derailing it....

Pictures look good @Smurf my concern is how do you handle poor pointing between slabs, stuck weeds, that kind of thing, if the pointing is poor or soft with a turbo you ca go further away or avoid the area, with a rotary you can't really, also you can't focus it on weeds to rip them out.

Other thing I am concerned about is charging say £200 to do a drive, which I would normally faff about and take a day over (which is like 9:30 til around 3:00) so a customer seems to be getting value for money, but if I can just walk up and down for a couple of hours the cost might seem high?

Just trying to weigh it all up really, any advice is very welcome.

Yeah my pressure washer is not enough for a rotary, I am looking at that loncin you have with a rotary.

The blue cheaper dirt devil type rotory flat surface cleaners are quite frankly pants compared to whirlaway make as the bearings on them wear out too quick.

I've not tried mosmatic make yet but they look good as some of them have have vac recovery.

[media]

[/media]
And no I will not be using one on a roof /emoticons/biggrin.png

This is a good example of using a 21lpm washer and flat surface cleaner which results in a faster deeper clean than using a 15lpm washer.

[media]

[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
Now if you want to clean stuff even faster and money is no object the felch systems are even quicker

[media]

[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
You would need to do hundreds of domestic driveways to just to break even buying one of those falch trailer systems new. But after saying that I would love to see the look on a customer face when you pulled up outside their door and started to clean their driveway with one of those. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Even better when they ask before you start would you like a cuppa and by the time they come back out you have nearly finish the job :rofl:

You would need to do hundreds of domestic driveways to just to break even buying one of those falch trailer systems new. But after saying that I would love to see the look on a customer face when you pulled up outside their door and started to clean their driveway with one of those. /emoticons/biggrin.png
Even better when they ask before you start would you like a cuppa and by the time they come back out you have nearly finish the job :rofl:
With the initial investment you would need to be well established and have good connections with property agencies to get enough work.

I would say they come into there own on large commercial contracts rather than small fry stuff like domestic jobs as that is what falch trailers systems have been designed for.

You would need to pay for the hydrant key etc I would think as well? water would be an issue I would think.

Back