Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

day off for canvassing

It is finding the time to do it

I can only do a few hundred in 1 go as i need to be working

Thinking of paying my son and his mates to do some

View attachment 4865

It is finding the time to do itI can only do a few hundred in 1 go as i need to be working

Thinking of paying my son and his mates to do some
itll be worth every penny dave . in the past iv paid allsorts to go leafletting ,long as you keep tabs on them its golden . i especially like getting council flats or maisonettes , myView attachment 7235 last leaflettin splurge brought in no end exactly like this

I have about 4k flyers in my car at the moment and can get as many as i want printed for nowt by my mate..only for a few weeks mind as he is training to be a bus driver so will be leaving soon

Still his work buddy will give me a good price..think he said 50 squid for 5k and on better quality paper

I have about 4k flyers in my car at the moment and can get as many as i want printed for nowt by my mate..only for a few weeks mind as he is training to be a bus driver so will be leaving soonStill his work buddy will give me a good price..think he said 50 squid for 5k and on better quality paper
id set yourself a target ,say october , to have all those 4k delivered

come hell-or-high-water you must Make that target

Leaflets work long term too as folk save them,tuck em in a drawer with the pizza mob and then come across it later.

Only yesterday a bloke called me up from far end of town ,had got one of my leaflets last december now wants to get on the round

Later on i gave it some thought,realized hed got it from a 1 time leafletting stint one of my daughters did while staying at mine briefly

I'm slowly coming round to the leafleting idea. What size do you print? A5? Might get the mrs to design one.

@boarc

Flicking phone.

Boar, what does your most successful flyer look like? Do you trailer it for the varying customer type?

I got a call friday from a house i leafletted with home made flyers 6 months ago

My current rate is one customer for about 700 flyers. Not too good, but was one for 1300 till the second one rang

My issue is that I'm all rural and don't have rows of houses to leaflet. It would take all day to flyer a couple hundred. Suppose you do it once so you know in yourself that you've tried it.

I do about half knock and half flyer, I've got a feel for who's at home and who's worth knocking.

Some are surprises: they're filthy and claim they've got a cleaner. I used to call them on it and ask follow ups, now I don't bother as if they are happy with the frequency/standard/delusion, who am I to question them?

I'd knock those SPC as takes hardly any extra time to knock and wait a few seconds to hear movement

My current rate is one customer for about 700 flyers. Not too good, but was one for 1300 till the second one rang
This really puts me off. If you can canvass a job every hour or two, is leafleting worth it?

Flicking phone.
Boar, what does your most successful flyer look like? Do you trailer it for the varying customer type?
iv always make my own a home printed flyer like this ,im only intrested in council house work and these workView attachment 4866 . i add stickers that i buy in the Range, £1 per book

I have good areas and bad areas

1 road i leafletted i got 6 jobs from 62 houses

Another i have got 1 for 200 houses

Swings and roundabouts

Just have to find the right area

I'd say that's an exceptional return dave, very nice. Both sets.

Think my areas are on the over saturated side, but there's still years worth of roads to try within 15 mins.

Still got to to have flyers in case they want to think on it or not home, or want one for friends/family or you just don't feel like knocking for a period.

I wouldn't be happy if getting less than 1 in 100 return..rarely happens here so 4k flyers should equate to 40 + customers

We'll see though

I'd have had to pack up by now if I'd set that standard. Luckily, word of mouth has been a lot better

I am already busy though so i don't need to be door knocking all the time

Another 50 ish customers and I'll be on around 300 per month so am happy to leaflet and avoid the hassle of canvassing as it only seems to work round here in the evenings as most are out during the day

At least now i can do it when it suits me and if i am ahead 1 day quickly leaflet a road or 2 when i am working etc

I'm going for the larger £20 -£30. Just easier to drive around seven or eight places in a day. Not convinced that leafleting would be more affective than door knocking. I guess do both is the answer.

Back