Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

summer custmers lol

WCF

Help Support WCF:

tench0771

had a job ive only cleaned it 4 times the fatty came ou to day and said we will leve the windows till summer now :rolleyes: i said ok no werry i clean next door have done now for like 6 years so i wont bother doing the fatty in summer and when they ask ill say sory to bizzy now with my regulers /emoticons/biggrin.png just cant b arsed with them jobs any more picked up to new ones later that day wrked out im £1 down lmfao also nother guy stoped me for a quoet i priced it he was happy but its a go throu the house job to get to the bk's he said i ant got any cash so i said ill do them next time:ninja: wont b going bk to that one eather lol cant b arsed with them as well :rofl:

So nice to pick and choose. My one today was a next door neighbour of two houses I do. She wanted a quote for just the upstairs. I don't do that sh*t anymore. If someones too tight to pay for the whole house then I'm not bothering even though its next door to ones I do I bet shes a PITA. She said "My last windy hasnt been for about 6months, I suppose I'll call him to see if hes forgotten me".

"....Good luck with that". :thumbsup:/emoticons/biggrin.png.

Funniest bit is I think they took on this windy a year or so ago. They emailed me for a quote and I said £16 (same as the other 4 houses I do on the street). This guy apparently quoted £12. I guess hes either out of business or just realised they are a lot harder then the look. Bay window up and down, and you have to pole the windows at the back.

I had one new job this morning

Quoted on google maps

She was happy with the 15 quid quote

No wonder she was happy as she would have known the loft and garage conversion done 3 weeks ago wouldn't show up on there

The back of the house was no longer grass but more of a bog

Then she decides to give me my money in change

There was a few pound coins and 50p's but i had over £4 just in 20s and even had 5s, 1s and 2s

Needed 2 hands just to take it off her

Safe to say i am not going back

That would of P***** me off @daveyboy1 defo one not to go back too!

As for these fair weather customers, I'd never take them back on next year regardless of if I had room or not, you either want a regular service or how I see it they can have the hassle each year of getting a new one in, until they run out of decent cleaners. The house proud ones are the keepers that want them nice and clean all year round, even in the winter when they get dirtier lol!

I didn't even tell her I wanted more money for the job as she was out when i got there and i intended to

She turned up when i was already at the point of saying **** it so i just took the money and went

Trev i have a few custys that i have taken on lately who have asked for 2 monthly but want to go monthly in summer

That is ok but that means they will want to go back to 2 monthly maybe next winter so may have to assess the situation then

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I have just had one of them, 8 weekly winter and 4 weekly summer, but its a friend of a friend so let that one pass and no extra cost, as she was priced on 4 weekly, but I'd not want many of them. Meeses with your monthly pay packet dont it!!

i work on a 7 weekly ish roter some have every other time wich is 14 weeks n ot meny tho wich im not fussed realy but i had a couple that were like ill ring when i want them:rolleyes: or some that have it 14 weeks then u fone them to say im on way over can u leve gate open they then say o can we leve it this time with a bull excuse that realy gets up my nose picked up a nother one 7 weeks ago trad job he wanted in and out every time £50 i was like u probly only want inside done 3 0r 4 times a year to keep them clean he said ok no werrys i saw him in costa and said o ill b round later to clean he said o there still clean ive got famly down next month can i have them done day b 4 i said just let me no when u want them cleaned .thats a aquad one as i c him in costa every week im in area as he only lives 5 min its from town were i am every week on the shop run still pixxxxxsss me off tho:mad:

That would of P***** me off @daveyboy1 defo one not to go back too!
As for these fair weather customers, I'd never take them back on next year regardless of if I had room or not, you either want a regular service or how I see it they can have the hassle each year of getting a new one in, until they run out of decent cleaners. The house proud ones are the keepers that want them nice and clean all year round, even in the winter when they get dirtier lol!
I accommodate all frequencies it's bad business not to? Offer 4 week, 8 week, or one off clean, only difference with me though is first time cleans are priced same as one off cause of the "we're looking for a regular window cleaner" line, just been fleeced for 30 quid.

Not so much a summer customer but I have just had a pub I clean fortnightly which I have been doing for about 2 years ask to leave it till feb as there trying to save money it takes around 15k a week.i doubt I'll be returning.

I accommodate all frequencies it's bad business not to? Offer 4 week, 8 week, or one off clean, only difference with me though is first time cleans are priced same as one off cause of the "we're looking for a regular window cleaner" line, just been fleeced for 30 quid.
I also accomodate 4 weekly or 8 weekly, and charge first cleans accordingly to the state they are in, I am not so keen on customers changing out to 8 weekly over the winter when they are 4 weekly in the better weather but luckily only have one thats done that so far and thats a friend of a friend so no price increase, any normal customer I would increase the price a bit if they went 8 weekly for winter.

eef5290676326a1b54b626fe6e6471bd.jpg

How would you reply to this? Also her neighbour has just text me to cancel until further notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eef5290676326a1b54b626fe6e6471bd.jpg

How would you reply to this? Also her neighbour has just text me to cancel until further notice.

Difficult and deflating at the same time isn't it. How much are those 2 jobs worth?

Have they been a regular for a while? I'd point out the fact you are on a regular window cleaning round, and comer next April you may not have space to have them back on and leave it up to them to decide mate.

Or another approach would be to reply saying, you can start window cleaning again next April if you wish, but it won't be me doing them /emoticons/wink.png

@Calum Jennings sounds like u may have bun uder cut? and there playing it safe to make shore the new guy is not a 1 off or craxxxp wc i could b rong but thats my thault its just strange as boath have cancled same time

as times gone on iv got more flexible ,not less . it feels good to not let it annoy me. i gain patience,iv proved to myself i can let it go

iv one customer who on my very first visit asked would i mind being paid in change ? i said thats ok ,a courtesy gesture , and ever since that day has paid me in change every single time. im now convinced her adult son empties fruit machines on a night shift somewhere , cos the coins have a very musty smell to them. iv occasionally asked the lady "why ,wheres this lot keep coming from//??

her reply is always the same "moneys money "

and i the dafty ,always agree

Have they been a regular for a while? I'd point out the fact you are on a regular window cleaning round, and comer next April you may not have space to have them back on and leave it up to them to decide mate.
They have been regular for about 6-7 months (not long started window cleaning myself) but she did raise this a couple of months back. The only thing that concerns me is that I have a few others on that road that are faithful and I'm not sure what to say to them if they approach me next year.

Difficult and deflating at the same time isn't it. How much are those 2 jobs worth?
To be fair, they're only a tenner each which is underpriced anyway as I priced it when I first started cleaning windows.

as times gone on iv got more flexible ,not less . it feels good to not let it annoy me. i gain patience,iv proved to myself i can let it go
iv one customer who on my very first visit asked would i mind being paid in change ? i said thats ok ,a courtesy gesture , and ever since that day has paid me in change every single time. im now convinced her adult son empties fruit machines on a night shift somewhere , cos the coins have a very musty smell to them. iv occasionally asked the lady "why ,wheres this lot keep coming from//??

her reply is always the same "moneys money "

and i the dafty ,always agree
Like I have said in another reply, it's not so much that it annoys me (I don't really like her lol) it's what to say when she approaches me in the future when I'm cleaning other neighbours on the same road.

@boarcity why are you smelling your coins lol..mad as a box of frogs

@Calum Jennings i would reply explaining that you need to pay your bills whatever they decide to do so putting them on hold for the winter leaves a space for you to take on another paying customer which you need to supplement your income

Meaning there is every possibility there will be no space to take them back in spring

If they value you as their windie they will keep you..if they don't care then leave them to find another

Text a customer last night to say id be around today. She text back asking me can I do them another day as its her husbands day off and he likes to walk around the house in just his boxer shorts! WTF! Didn't even bother replying

Back