Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Converting a round

WCF

Help Support WCF:

RyeCleanLiam

Have any of you Water Fed Pollers had any experience buying a Traditional Round and converting it? I've been offered a Trad round for 3 times it's value, which is good value these days, but it won't end up being good value if I end up losing customers. I personally feel I do a great job with WFP and have no issues with my customers, but it's whether the new customers are willing to give a chance. So any experiences, good or bad would be appreciated. I have tried to search for related topic but nothing coming up.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Here's one

https://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/topic/17174-problems-buying-a-traditional-round/#comment-277187

I think that one of the most important  things is to get introduced to your new customers by the old cleaner.

I think its also important that the customers aren't told that you are buying the round. "You are taking over from the previous cleaner" doesn't identify them as sold goods.

You are buying good will which doesn't guarantee you a customer. They may chose to retain your services or change to another cleaner. In our early wfp days it was easy to get a trad cleaner to replace us, nowadays trad cleaners in our area are few and far between. Most people know wfp so isn't a new concept now.

We past on some of this round to a cleaner couple who are working the round for us. We had one person question what cleaning method the new cleaner would be using. He replied wfp and she was happy. She replied that she didn't want her windows done traditionally with a squeegee.

Last edited by a moderator:
We all converted a lot of trad custys over time , always point out how great it is  , getting the frames done for the same amount . And i Pick up from many tradders who wont do frames too . I point out the safety issue using ladders in the same talk . A friend of mine just broke his pelvis and might not clean full time anymore , risky business working those ladders .  :34_rolling_eyes:

Cheers for the responses. And for the link to the thread related for some reason my app whatever I type in it just says no topic found. I have also converted many customers over, ones who I have picked up etc. I have just never bought a trad round and done it, I don't want to outlay £2000 and then find the customers can't accept the fact that not only had there WC changed but the method too, and end up losing out. Like has been said though best to talk to them and point out benefits. Thanks again!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I had about 275 trad customers. Swapped over to WFP last year. Lost may be 3 who's windows were knackered so they had runs galore. Every one else is delighted. Get random complaints from those who don't understand it but usually a little resolve sorts the issue the same day. 

Ive also picked up about 30 more since changing over. People love it. The windows are undoubtedly cleaner and the finish is longer lasting, no more ladder holes and no more broken tiles. 

I think to continue from what spruce said; introduction is key. Ask the guy to work with you through the round and introduce you so you are familiar. When you turn up alone the following month and they see the system explain the benefits and offer a guarantee. After they've seen you a few times it'll become second nature to them rather than unfamiliar requiring your reassurance.  

Good luck matey. 

Back