Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Leads Coming Off Windows

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Neil

Has anyone had the problem of leads coming off the windows when scrubbing with you pole?

I use the gardiners extreme and they still come off, I did a job yesterday and a bit of lead peeled off , it doesn't happen all the time and I don't push too hard when cleaning leads either its really annoying. Is it easy to replace them damo?

It does come off sometimes, not the fault of a brush, or scrimm for that matter, and it comes of more easily with a scrim, they just come loose sometimes, if it comes off soon probably a fault with how it was glued on

I use the gardiners extreme and they still come off, I did a job yesterday and a bit of lead peeled off , it doesn't happen all the time and I don't push too hard when cleaning leads either its really annoying. Is it easy to replace them damo?
Yes mate you buy it on a roll. Think i paid something like £15 for a massive roll. It just sticks on.

I replaced a section about 8 years ago and its still on the glass solid! Only issue was it doesnt discolour, so if you ever did replace any, you would have to advise customer.

What extreme brush are you using, white or black bristles?

White on the outside with the black bristles in the middle mate, might get me self some lead just in case /emoticons/smile.png

White on the outside with the black bristles in the middle mate, might get me self some lead just in case /emoticons/smile.png
No no no and NO!!!!!!!!!!!

That is a mixed extreme.

You want an ALL black non flocked extreme brush.

You don't even hear it scrub the lead.

Latest Posts

Back