Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing mentality...

Keith Kalfas is a clever guy

If you watch his vids he was destitute and didn't know where the next meal was coming from and now has a very successful business through hard graft and bullshit

Im a fan of Keith /emoticons/biggrin.png! He has been very motivational for me at times ! He had made a video about " walking away " if a job had certain Windows (old ones ) that could be a nightmare to open an possibly break at attempt to . Actually did that at a point ,and by own experienced ive tried Them a lot of times on old big houses in Our area . Today i Wont touch it ... :hehehe:

Im a fan of Keith /emoticons/biggrin.png! He has been very motivational for me at times ! He had made a video about " walking away " if a job had certain Windows (old ones ) that could be a nightmare to open an possibly break at attempt to . Actually did that at a point ,and by own experienced ive tried Them a lot of times on old big houses in Our area . Today i Wont touch it ... :hehehe:
do you remember the title of the video, im trying to find it now....

Keith Kalfas is a clever guyIf you watch his vids he was destitute and didn't know where the next meal was coming from and now has a very successful business through hard graft and bullshit
i'd gone through three months of hardship before i began to feel i was pulling in enough to support my family. damn those were hard, chugging along, with a new business, im at the point where good advice will make sure i grow in the right direction, rather than becoming a slave to any kind of mentality that is easily adopted.

still, tugging a trolley, i know im not yet doing it the easy way, but am seeing growth in my business. this growth is owed to equipment i was able to invest in and a more concentrated focus on my conduct and mentality, rather than just hoping to walk through it, ive spend countless hours researching. its something i do in my spare time. unlocking my potentials through the absorption of knowledge. i dont just do it with window cleaning, i research so many subjects of a nature, a lot of which would seem ridiculous and/or controversial to many...

I am a great believer that knowledge is power

I am always looking at various things on the net

As for still tugging a trolley i have been in this game since 1991 and only last june went water fed

A backpack and several drums in my car is what i still use but now make my own water and crack it out daily

A van will be coming when i get back from the villa in mercia in mid august but to be honest i am thinking of staying with the backpack but making life easier by installing a tank to fill the backpack with using a bilge pump

I personally think there are too many access issues round here to warrant the outlay for a diy system (i would make it myself rather than pay someone to do what i can competently do)

Plus i have an interest in getting into softwash and pressure washing so space will be at a premium in the van as i will need a second tank and room for pressure washer etc

I believe you have to be obsessed to get anywhere in this game and my wife would tell you that i live and breathe window cleaning

If I'm not in the shed modifying tools i am working or leafletting or canvassing or on facebook or researching stuff or as my wife calls it "talking to a load of other sad window cleaners with no life on the forum" :rofl:

It is the only way to build a successful business rather than just a job that pays the bills

"This time next year Rodney"

Couldt agree more Daveyboy ! Must say im a whole lot that Way myself !/emoticons/wink.png , love to research , watch vids of wfp . Search for new tools and stuff . I believe being a windy isnt just a job , its a Way of life that if you wanna succeed , takes a certain type of person . Spend a lot of my sparetime leafletting too or look for niche business . /emoticons/biggrin.png Kalfas-style !! /emoticons/biggrin.png

Im thinking of getting one of those trimmers and expanding further down the line when im driving. I could honestly be up that ladder, balanced and strong enough, young and dumb enough too! Lol.

People here arent as arsed about their gardens as the yanks are though...

I like hearing things I think to be right come up in these videos... phases ive gone through etc. Once you get used to his manner you can see his genius.

Back