Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Whats The Difference?

Diesel system can be set up to recirculate during cold weather as a protection to pump and equipment without the need for a flue to be fitted in the van. I imagine it is safer. Less on insurance, worth checking with your own insurance company as they do all vary, just a consideration.

It's horses for courses. If you can't afford a diesel heater then the diy approach will still get the job done.

I don't think that the caravan gas water heaters are designed to be run as much as would be required for a good days work. They might last a while I really couldn't comment as the insurance company put me off the gas installation.

I think refills are around £25.

Diesel heater uses far less than advertised. Mine says 1/2 litre per hour, but more like under a quarter of that amount. They are actually very economical on diesel, even better on the esso progress diesel.

Could run it on red via seperate tank to save money if you wanted to be frugal.

I've been looking at this http://www.windowcleaningequipment.co.uk/E-Z%20Heat%20System the thing is, it says an 11kg bottle will last 28 hours. That's going to cost a bomb to run. Does anyone else run a gas water heater and how much gas do you use?
I use gas and it costs me £13 for 2 weeks work! and that's only a 6kg!!!!

insurance wise my gas heater put it by £0.00

gas one are so much more versatile to, i have 2 outlets on my heater, one for hose and one to a tap that i can wash hands, fill trad bucket up, without the need of running it through 100m of pipe first!

Hi,

Whats the difference in a gas heater at £250 compared with a diesel one at £3000? Does the diesel one go hotter or whats the advantage?

Cheers,

Steve
£2750

I use gas and it costs me £13 for 2 weeks work! and that's only a 6kg!!!!
insurance wise my gas heater put it by £0.00

gas one are so much more versatile to, i have 2 outlets on my heater, one for hose and one to a tap that i can wash hands, fill trad bucket up, without the need of running it through 100m of pipe first!
That's good to know RC. I may indulge :)

Surely your diesel heater must be fitted with the exhust through the floor then?

Diesel system can be set up to recirculate during cold weather as a protection to pump and equipment without the need for a flue to be fitted in the van. I imagine it is safer. Less on insurance, worth checking with your own insurance company as they do all vary, just a consideration.

It's horses for courses. If you can't afford a diesel heater then the diy approach will still get the job done.

I don't think that the caravan gas water heaters are designed to be run as much as would be required for a good days work. They might last a while I really couldn't comment as the insurance company put me off the gas installation.

We have take off :Image13:

Same type of heater used in hot water fed pole systems just stuck in a box and heat exchange added.

Not really worth £3,000 is it now? :Image16:

Back