Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ladder tampering

Jimroot

two or three times in the last few months my front ladder clamp has been tampered with, this morning I found it unscrewed and loose forward of the roof bar.

Luckily perhaps I also keep a cable and padlock over the same bar.

Is this a nasty rival hoping to cause an accident, one or a few inept would-be thieves?

Connect a live wire from the mains to the roof bars at night

You'll soon find the culprit then /emoticons/biggrin.png

Seems a bit weird. Not sure what anyone would be trying to achieve just by loosening it. If I wanted to stitch someone up I'd remove the clamps completely. If I wanted to steal your ladders I'm sure I'd notice a padlock. You sure it's not just worked itself loose?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

might be worth tucking a dice underneath your door handle .if the dice is laying on the ground in the morning you know somebody is trying the doors in the night

Never oil your ladder clamps!!! That way they scheech so loud when undone that nobodies going to pinch your ladders.....gets you noticed when working also.

its not worked loose cause I check them regularly and they are kept very tight, and they are left by the 'phantom' very loose, like half undone. would have to be turned quite a lot- they do screech yet apparently not enough!ladders have a chain on too that makes a racket off the van roof if moved

... I'll try the dice trick- and keep a note of the day of the tampering, 'twas Friday night/Saturday morning so could be an after pub drinker prank.

I use rhino clamps which i lock when i remember

Either locked or unlocked and when locked it's not possible to loosen them

Ive got the bps anvil clamps - quite tough to remove silently I'd imagine though I havent tried. Ladders are looking quite dirty and dinged up so my money is on prank/sabotage plus no sign of attempted entry yet

few yrs ago i tried to catch a thief, set up a webcam pointing at my van. night after nite i checked the footage, but all it caught was various turks and daygo , no good types ducking along in nearby bushes [but not actually at my van ]

Back