Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter pole holder

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Neil

Need a bag to put my gutter poles in seen the gardiner ones but thought I would see if anyone has any other links ? NO FUNNY ANSWERS LIKE A SAINSBURYS BAG /emoticons/smile.png

I like to keep all my stuff neatly put away in my van when I use them not saying anyone else isn't tidy I'm just a freak like that lol

Neil, hand poles or gutter vac poles? I built a holder out of sewer pipe and put it on my roof rack where I permanently keep my gutter vac poles.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Gutter poles mate but I'm worried someone might nick them round my way if I put them on the roof

Gutter poles mate but I'm worried someone might nick them round my way if I put them on the roof
My pole holder is secured with Jubilee Clips to the roof rack. And the open end is padlocked closed.

VacPoleHolder1.jpg

VacPoleHolder2.jpg

VacPoleHolder3.jpg

I used 160mm pipe for the holder with a standard stop at the bottom end fixed in with epoxy resin. The open end has a straight connector again with epoxy resin to hold it on, and the end cap for opening and the bar was off a heathing oil tank. Though you could proably find something else like a proper screw fitting for this size pipe.

NOTE: I have a couple of other vac poles, but when I try to fit them all in, they are a bit of a tight squeeze, though the 5 poles I carry is enough for the vast majority of jobs. I throw the extras into the back of the van only if I am doing a tall job or know there is a long reach such as over a big cony roof then up 2-3 storeys to the gutter. You can get a wider sewage pipe, though suitable fittings were hard for me to find locally.

Last edited:
Funny enough I started of with an old fibreglass surfboard box on the roof of the van to store me poles. I soon got rid when I realised I needed to carry a large set of ladders and conservatory ladder on the roof too so sadly it had to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thankfully, I still have room for 2 sets of ladders side by side on the roof rack. This holder takes up little room, and I deliberatly put it right on the edge to give me lots of space for ladders.

You obviously haven't seen the state of the back of my little berlingo van @cheapncheerful. Even the passanger seat is full of **** I need for some jobs.

One day I may get around to sorting it out too /emoticons/biggrin.png

My pole holder is secured with Jubilee Clips to the roof rack. And the open end is padlocked closed.
VacPoleHolder1.jpg

VacPoleHolder2.jpg

VacPoleHolder3.jpg

I used 160mm pipe for the holder with a standard stop at the bottom end fixed in with epoxy resin. The open end has a straight connector again with epoxy resin to hold it on, and the end cap for opening and the bar was off a heathing oil tank. Though you could proably find something else like a proper screw fitting for this size pipe.

NOTE: I have a couple of other vac poles, but when I try to fit them all in, they are a bit of a tight squeeze, though the 5 poles I carry is enough for the vast majority of jobs. I throw the extras into the back of the van only if I am doing a tall job or know there is a long reach such as over a big cony roof then up 2-3 storeys to the gutter. You can get a wider sewage pipe, though suitable fittings were hard for me to find locally.
Looks good mate might look into doing this cheers for the photos /emoticons/smile.png

Personally I would not want to put sludge dripping dirty poles back in a bag myself if I could not flush them through first for whatever reason after a job. But after saying that I guess would reduce the amount of crud going on paths etc whilst carrying them back to the van. Also help keep the inside of my van cleaner I suppose if they were in some sort of bag.

You obviously haven't seen the state of the back of my little berlingo van @cheapncheerful. Even the passanger seat is full of **** I need for some jobs.One day I may get around to sorting it out too /emoticons/biggrin.png
i always clean it for the mot.....and it feels great for a while.....but then its all downhill.............:hiding:

VacPoleHolder1.jpg

VacPoleHolder2.jpg

VacPoleHolder3.jpg

I was Wondering whats on the other side of the padlock to stop it from sliding out?

I was Wondering whats on the other side of the padlock to stop it from sliding out?
There was a lump of steel welded to the end of the bar that goes through pipe and cap, and I covered this with a mouldable plastic (the white stuff you see). The plastic was just to make the rough steel a bit more 'van roof friendly'.

Latest Posts

Back