Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help with pricing this...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I thought he said just outside

Today I had best customer - I showed him G,F,S that I cleaned and offered same all round his massive house - he said' yes do it let me know how much '

£250 I said

He went in and got me £260 cash then went out for day ! Wish they all like that

There are plenty like that for sure as when they bite your hand off like that I bet afterwards you thought ******** I should have quoted him more /emoticons/biggrin.png

Ok I went in with quite a high pitched initial clean (close on 500) which included all insides and outsides minus the workshop windows as those are pointless to clean as they get thick in sawdust each shift. Then gave them what I saw as a fair 8 weekly exterior window maintenance clean price (£95) I reckon 1.5/2 hours work tops…

They came back with "happy with the 8 weekly price but initial clean too pricey" and can I possibly re quote based on future business etc, which I did giving them 10% which I thought was a decent reduction, as yet no further replies, but I shall follow it up with a phone call this week, would you say 10% is a decent reduction? I don't want to go too low on this first clean as like others say I need to be careful there not looking for just that "one off" and need to price it well enough to do a good job also….

Might be worth having a chat and see what they think is a resonable price for the first clean. Bearing in mind you put your point accross that the first clean will take a long time to do properly. That way you will know how far out you are and maybe can work it out between yourselves and close the deal so to speak.

Ok I went in with quite a high pitched initial clean (close on 500) which included all insides and outsides minus the workshop windows as those are pointless to clean as they get thick in sawdust each shift. Then gave them what I saw as a fair 8 weekly exterior window maintenance clean price (£95) I reckon 1.5/2 hours work tops…
They came back with "happy with the 8 weekly price but initial clean too pricey" and can I possibly re quote based on future business etc, which I did giving them 10% which I thought was a decent reduction, as yet no further replies, but I shall follow it up with a phone call this week, would you say 10% is a decent reduction? I don't want to go too low on this first clean as like others say I need to be careful there not looking for just that "one off" and need to price it well enough to do a good job also….

Back