Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van insurance help!!!

Neil

I've just got my renewal through and A-PLAN are saying £900!! I've got 7 years no claims bonus!! Anyone got any recommendations for other insurance companies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are with Aviva insurance.

Cheapest two years running all declared.

BUT!

I Think the max size tank they allow is 650L So that's us screwed

I gotta look into this as tesco insures me..cheap with full business use from when i had vans..wife named driver and covered for business use also from when she was self employed

Suppose they'll change their mind when i get another van and fit a tank

Damo I will try aviva, i rang another company and they said £1000 I just put the phone down lol

Some of them really do try it on

What extra risk is there to them really if the load is less than the legal limit

Pisstakers

It's madness I've had my license for 12 years and 7 years no claims it's crazy !!

I pay £300 for my primastar with a 650l tank in the back through Brentacre, been with them for years.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Last year I payed £650 and now they say it's £900 I've just spoke to a plan and there saying they don't know why it's gone up as there's no change in the policy there calling me back in half hour with a better price let's see what they say [emoji16]

Try AdrianFlux, they were the best for me by a long way and insure £5k worth of tools in the back for just £60 a year too.

Who ever you go with just ensure and double check and get it in writing you are covererd for the exact size tank in your van, as I found out earlier this month and had to change insurer, as if not then your insurance is void and effectively you have payed money out for nothing in the event of a claim. I found A-plan the best for me at £650 fully comp with tank and heater system fully declared at £7,400 extra which they added on to the cost of my van. I think they must base premiums very much on the area you live in like all of them, perhaps more claims and payouts made in your area since last year hence the increase passed on to customers which is unfair.

been wit gladiator a few yrs now. they were quite helpful dealing with a claim when an employee wrote off my van colliding with an aUDI TT .

altho they failed to tell me the procedure in time to get a payout for my own van by doing so it meant i retained my no claims bonus

I got best deal with Aviva £1000 a YearIm 24 with no no-claims.

Business use as well.
33 full ncb ford transit custom

64 full ncb ford transit

38 full ncb citroen dispatch

£894 all in with aviva.

Just thought id let you know what you can look forward to hahahaha /emoticons/smile.png

Back