Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Now going to charge more for first cleans

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Max

When I started in Feb I had every intention of charging more for the first clean, It made sense as more time is needed, more water, more scrubbing and more wear and tear on the body. But somehow I never did charge more. So with every first clean I've done I have been working my socks off just to get the customer on board. I think I've been to easy going and trying to win every customer all of the time. Yesterday I did a first clean took me 2 hours and I was doing it for the bi-monthly price of £18.

I don't think it makes business sense to carry on not pricing first cleans higher therefore I am going to start next week with a new pricing structure. I'm not sure whether to add a fiver or tenner, I suppose it's just down to the state of the windows. I'm slightly worried about not getting every customer but I suppose you can't win them all.

If I don't do this now I may never do it. Does anyone have any advice on selling higher priced first cleans and customers objections that they get?

Thanks in advance.

When I started in Feb I had every intention of charging more for the first clean, It made sense as more time is needed, more water, more scrubbing and more wear and tear on the body. But somehow I never did charge more. So with every first clean I've done I have been working my socks off just to get the customer on board. I think I've been to easy going and trying to win every customer all of the time. Yesterday I did a first clean took me 2 hours and I was doing it for the bi-monthly price of £18.I don't think it makes business sense to carry on not pricing first cleans higher therefore I am going to start next week with a new pricing structure. I'm not sure whether to add a fiver or tenner, I suppose it's just down to the state of the windows. I'm slightly worried about not getting every customer but I suppose you can't win them all.

If I don't do this now I may never do it. Does anyone have any advice on selling higher priced first cleans and customers objections that they get?

Thanks in advance.
I tell them it will take longer and use more water, so what ever the price is, I add 50% on the first clean

Once you point out the dirt and grime that's built up over time ( do this as you walk round there property with them) and explain that to remove this will obviously take more time, I find most people can appreciate this and will therefore be more than happy to pay extra on the first clean.

I go for between 50-75% extra. But when quoting give them the lower maintenance clean price first.

If the customer is serious about a regular clean they seem happy to pay more first time as they know they've been neglected (if they have been neglected). If they haggle you know they're gonna drop out of regular, so put the quote UP!

Back