Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Employee Insurance

Shaun1977

Just been talking to friend of mine who is window cleaner and we were talking about large commercial work. He has small round and is happy with his round but asked me if I ever got any large commercial work would I keep him in kind for work for wage.

Now he has public liability but I'm wondering if I could do this or would I have to get employee insurance for him or would I just be able to employ him for odd day here n there like builders do when they contract work to people

I think it would be best to contact your insurers mate, just to be on the safe side, especially if you are using him on large commercials. I think I know what they will say though, you need extra cover /emoticons/smile.png money grabbing............

there is a way round it, if he has his own insurance, you could get him to work with you, you get paid all the money, then out of you normal cash jobs give him a wage with that, then its upto him to put it down on his books as an income!

i've done this in the past with people, to much paper work other wise, coz you will have to contact h&m take him on, detuct tax and ni off his wage and pay it for him etc etc!

Back