Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Dark at 5pm

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I'm just starting out. Wrong time of year I guess. Do you all make sure you're finished for the day by 5pm or have you got any tips for working a bit later?

No seriously ... I usually take time off for lunch , I'm going to try not taking anytime for lunch this winter ,, going out with a flask and an apple .... See how it goes

my normal day is 9 am prompt till 3 pm. most residential windies i know are the same . now and then we work till 4 pm, but thats a killer day in our book

No seriously ... I usually take time off for lunch , I'm going to try not taking anytime for lunch this winter ,, going out with a flask and an apple .... See how it goes
Flask and an apple?....where will you get your energy from?. I need a big breakfast then thick peanut butter butties, choccie biccies and banana to keep going, plus treats from custies.

I'm just starting out. Wrong time of year I guess. Do you all make sure you're finished for the day by 5pm or have you got any tips for working a bit later?
You cant do windows once It falls dark although you are bound to get caught out on a few occasions. I think tomorrow, 4.45 will be stumps up time and once we get into mid/ late november then 4.00 is the latest for working. You tend to fall further and further behind with your round!

Flask and an apple?....where will you get your energy from?. I need a big breakfast then thick peanut butter butties, choccie biccies and banana to keep going, plus treats from custies.
:rof: There's nothing nicer than a cox apple. You know the saying " an apple a day ,keeps the doctor away "

:rof: There's nothing nicer than a cox apple. You know the saying " an apple a day ,keeps the doctor away "
I agree natty...but surely you cant survive on just an apple whilst you are working....particularly in winter when the body is crying out for food.

^^^^^^i get offered more custies cuppers/ treats in winter which I never turn down . But yea after breakfast I going to try it .. See how it goes .. I'll get a good feed when I get home ..

You can't work later, once the light goes, that's it. I work 8:30 till 4:30 all year, so that covers me. The darkest days are around Christmas anyway.

Tried it today ..... By 2 pm I was starving two apples and a butty tomorrow

Two rounds of toast for brekkie. Two sarnies, bag of crisps and a picnic bar got me through. I don't eat much in the day. I have gone all day without touching me lunch pack before now :eek:A smoke and a cuppa usually do me /emoticons/smile.png

Latest Posts

Back