Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Getting going again.........after 20 odd years!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Glasscleaner

Due to lack of money and no luck getting a job, I have decided to give window cleaning another go. Way back in the 1990's I had a pretty goood business going along and now its time to reunite myself with the squeegee. I actually found a couple of my old ettore ones, a quick clean, new rubbers and they're ready for business again.

Going the traditional route, at least to start, and then looking to get some sort of backpack/trolley system to do the uppers (wrong side of 50 and would rather not climb ladders if I can help it). I did one house today and it went OK, and surprise surprise, I enjoyed it :thumbsup: Using my car to start with - I had a van earlier this year and sold it on as it was just sitting there! - but will get some sort of sign writing on it. Going out tomorrow canvassing and leafleting and hoping to get a few more, there are some bungalows I have my eye on.......... advice always welcomed.

Sounds like your making a solid start so Welcome & Good Luck with it all!

Keep posting to let us know how you get on.

yep know the wrong side of 50 myself..

lets just explain to them youngsters out there...

up to fifty your going up the hill and all you can see is the blue sky and sun up above..

at fifty...you suddenly realise the average life span means your at the top of the hill...

now suddenly...your looking down...and as you descend....all you can think of is when..

when will it all end...how...etc..

not to depress anyone just a fact of hitting 50....:rofl:

in actual fact...at 55 cheapie is fitter and stronger and mentally more adjusted to life than he has ever been before..

but yep..at the back of his mind..when..or what ...or how....does cheapies demise come:eek:

nice and cheerful today arent I...?:rofl:

you go for it glasscleaner ya did it before its like riding a bike...get that squeegee flying..

Back