Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

a workers medical issues

WCF

Help Support WCF:

B

boarcity

im asking for what You would do if in my shoes.

i took on a lad a fortnight ago. before takin him on i asked have you any medical problems. his reply was iv got asthma but its under control. so i let him start and has worked ok So far .

but last few days iv noticed more issues. he rolled up his sleeve and squeezed a bloody bit on his arm, an exzema rash oozed blood . then yesterday was proudly showing my other workers one of his fingertips the skin was split ,reminded me of how an old shoe splits at the end . yet again looked awful . he laughed it off when the lads reeled back in horror

i can understand him lying to me about medical issues to get the job but surely youd keep this under wraps?

send him out to work in the rain sounds like he'll dissolve n disappear down the drain, probs solved :laugh:

So long as it doesn't affect his work then their shouldn't be a problem. But I would tell him to keep things under wraps as it poses a major hygiene issue- bloodborne pathogens etc..

So long as it doesn't affect his work then their shouldn't be a problem. But I would tell him to keep things under wraps as it poses a major hygiene issue- bloodborne pathogens etc..
Agree with the working aspect of it, id be concerned about the trust issue

my gut feeling is get rid jus in case it becomes an issue,after months of getting wet hands . BUT im just now entering the Xmas rush so its all hands on deck.

yesterday he was 10 minutes late at day start,i was SO close to sackin him but didnt

so at the 1st job of the day i made him go up the 3storey ladders on the seafront which Really sh/t him up [tho he didnt bottle it] as so far hes only done a few "normal " houses - which made me feel a whole lot better about the situation

Last edited:
He may not have wanted to tell you about the excema as it may have out you off..if it doesn’t affect his work it is irrelevant to you whether he has is or not

It's a skin condition not a health issue

Can't sack a bloke just in case theres a problem later on

I wouldn't consider skin issues a health problem. He probably doesn't either, which is probably the reason he didn't say anything in the first place. It is probably just a very normal thing for him.

Eczema is something that flares up at times and is obviously something he copes with. I don't think he will last too long as it will more than likely flare up more being wet and drying all the time, and cause him discomfort. Can't be nice to have, but if he's a decent worker and starts arriving on time then give him a chance, keeps turning up late or his work is **** then offload him for that.

Back