Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Alex Gardiner, could you answer a few Qs for me please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

davewindowcleaner

I cant ring up being deaf and all that, I would appreciate it very much if you could spare a few minutes helping me out with a few Qs when you got the time.

I will soon be ordering my first Gardiner pole after Xmas, i want to make sure when I order the pole I get the right bit and pieces I need before ordering.

It the brush adapter I am unsure about, I've already got a few Gardiner and non-Gardiner brush head I screw onto my old pole. I will still want to use all the old brushes and non Gardiner brushes if needed when i get myself the SLX pole.

When buying the slx pole it only free quick loQ brushes and free quick loQ adapter but not screw.

SLX ✔

FREE Quick loQ brush adapter ?

FREE Super lite brush flocked Bristles ✔ (you mention this brush is good for 1st clean in the vikan thread)

FREE Brass pencil jets ✔

FREE Yellow PVC hose ✔

1) Will this (link below) fit onto the free Quick loQ brush adapter so i can screw Gardiner and non-Gardiner brush?

QuicK-LoQ™ Brush Adapter - Plastic Goosenecks - Goosenecks & Pole Fittings - Water-Fed Poles - All Products Gardiner Pole Systems

2) I read about swivel adapter on here before, will this fit on to the free Quick loQ brush adapter if i wanted swivel adapter?

Angle Adapter Screw On (Type 2) with Swivel Gooseneck - Plastic Goosenecks - Goosenecks & Pole Fittings - Water-Fed Poles - All Products Gardiner Pole Systems

3) I saw this video about flow valve but I cant find the link on your Gardiner website when typing in the search bar it say this webpage is not available. I couldn't make out what you saying in the video but it look like something i would like to have, could it be connected to Gardiner backpack?

[media]

[/media]
Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave, you could buy a screw in socket for your brush Brush Socket - Screw Thread - Angled - Brush Parts & Fittings - Brushes - Water-Fed Poles - All Products Gardiner Pole Systems

You would need 2 screws as well, @Alex Gardiner will tell you which length to buy Stainless Steel Socket & Gooseneck Screws - 13mm - Brush Parts & Fittings - Brushes - Water-Fed Poles - All Products Gardiner Pole Systems

As for the swivel you can buy this and attach it to your adapter Angle Adapter Swivel Gooseneck - Long Swivel Arm Part - Gooseneck Parts - Goosenecks & Pole Fittings - Water-Fed Poles - All Products Gardiner Pole Systems

You can have a flow valve on a backpack. You would need an 8mm barb going into the hose on the backpack and 6mm the other end Inline Bore Adapters - Hose Fittings Barb to Barb - Fittings, Barbs, Adapters, Etc - Hose Fittings & Adapters - Pump & Hose - All Products Gardiner Pole Systems, then a short length oh pole hose and then your pushfit valve NEW - Push-Fit Quick Fit Pole Control Valve - Flow Control Valves - Hose Fittings & Adapters - Pump & Hose - All Products Gardiner Pole Systems.

Also buy 2 JG barbs to fit in your pole hose to stop it sliding out of the valve John Guest 8mm Stem to 6mm Barb - Flow Control Valves - Hose Fittings & Adapters - Pump & Hose - All Products Gardiner Pole Systems

Mr G will put me right if I've missed anything /emoticons/smile.png

EDIT: maybe buy more pole hose as the pole hose with your pole may be be too short if you add on the flow valve.

Hi Tuffers

1 Buy Screw in the socket and 2 screws. Great :thumbsup:

2 The link you put up about the long Swivel arm part, I saw that but the picture of it doesn't look like it it will screw into the brush head. Are u sure that what I need?

Hi Tuffers
1 Buy Screw in the socket and 2 screws. Great :thumbsup:

2 The link you put up about the long Swivel arm part, I saw that but the picture of it doesn't look like it it will screw into the brush head. Are u sure that what I need?
Oh yes, that swivel arm fits on a quick-loQ QuicK-LoQ™ Swivel Gooseneck - Top Part - Gooseneck Parts - Goosenecks & Pole Fittings - Water-Fed Poles - All Products Gardiner Pole Systems. Forgot you are using screw in angle adapters.

Not sure if they sell the screw in swivels now?

Hi DAVE

Some good advice has already been given. I will answer your questions with what I feel would be the simplest options.

1. That adapter will fit, however as has been recommend I would fit these - QuicK-LoQ™ Brush Socket - Brush Parts & Fittings - Brushes - Water-Fed Poles - All Products Gardiner Pole Systems - to each of your other brushes to enable full quick change connectivity.

2. Having fitted the quick lock sockets to all of the brushes this swivel would work with them all -

QuicK-LoQ™ Angle Adapter (Type 1) with Long Swivel Gooseneck - Plastic Goosenecks - Goosenecks & Pole Fittings - Water-Fed Poles - All Products Gardiner Pole Systems

3. These flow valves are an add-on option on all of our poles. When selecting the pole click on the pole hose with flow valve option. This adds a flow valve on to the pole hose. This a simple and easy way to conserve water.

Any other questions please ask.

i use all the above, the quick loq fittings, the swivel gooseneck which i tightened up a little as its too loose for my liking and the flow valve fitting near the head of the brush rather than drag around the floor as they dont last too long dragging about plus i dont have to bend down all the time to turn it off!!

Hi DAVE
Some good advice has already been given. I will answer your questions with what I feel would be the simplest options.

1. That adapter will fit, however as has been recommend I would fit these - QuicK-LoQ™ Brush Socket - Brush Parts & Fittings - Brushes - Water-Fed Poles - All Products Gardiner Pole Systems - to each of your other brushes to enable full quick change connectivity.

2. Having fitted the quick lock sockets to all of the brushes this swivel would work with them all -

QuicK-LoQ™ Angle Adapter (Type 1) with Long Swivel Gooseneck - Plastic Goosenecks - Goosenecks & Pole Fittings - Water-Fed Poles - All Products Gardiner Pole Systems

3. These flow valves are an add-on option on all of our poles. When selecting the pole click on the pole hose with flow valve option. This adds a flow valve on to the pole hose. This a simple and easy way to conserve water.

Hi DAVE

Cheers Alex

Would it be possible if I ask a member of my family to ring you in January to order everything I need and pay over the phone?

There might be some other stuff i will need to order as well.

I can pm you my full name so you know is when someone ring up on my behalf.

Cheers

Dave

i use all the above, the quick loq fittings, the swivel gooseneck which i tightened up a little as its too loose for my liking and the flow valve fitting near the head of the brush rather than drag around the floor as they dont last too long dragging about plus i dont have to bend down all the time to turn it off!!
I wouldn't want to drag the valve on the floor or have to bend down to pick it up either! I hold a piece of hose just before the valve in my right palm at all times. This doesn't interfere with holding or controlling the pole at all. This is demonstrated on the video for this product.

Back