Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Front doors. I've lost my confidence!

Kenny Q

I finished cleaning a house, and the customer opened the door to reveal a puddle of water on her tiled floor! She said "I've been wondering how my floors been getting wet." I offered to do the door without using the pole, but she said she'd prefer a clean door and a puddle! Now, not every customer is going to be so understanding, so how to you determine a problematic door? Thanks in advance.

I never predict it, if it happens then when they open the door and i see a puddle, i apologise and wipe it up, take note and don't wfp it again.

I do a big house with a modern door and leaks bad, so now I buff the window and wipe the door with a cloth unless they make you aware you won't know, easy remedied only when you know.

Any doors I pole I always twist the door handle upwards. This shoots all the locks across and draws the door tighter.

Doors shouldn't leak.

I finished cleaning a house, and the customer opened the door to reveal a puddle of water on her tiled floor! She said "I've been wondering how my floors been getting wet." I offered to do the door without using the pole, but she said she'd prefer a clean door and a puddle! Now, not every customer is going to be so understanding, so how to you determine a problematic door? Thanks in advance.

Doors shouldn't leak. I have a couple on my round that do and I simply wipe them with a cloth. You'll only find out when someone complains. But don't worry it will be few and far between.

We only brush UPVC doors with the pure... don't do wooden, their just wiped by hand. Even if they don't leak the steps/door can expand just not worth the headache. As for UPVC doors leaking there's no way of knowing really so would just crack on until someone says something.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

stop pushing too hard on the bottom of the door , most older style pvc doors leack when you do this due to them wearing out of them and the older style locking mec

Check out the design.

Most new uPVC should have a plastic canopy at the bottom so any water gets directed away.

If it doesn't or its wooden it will probably leak

We have this problem too. Tri and pull the handle up on the door so the top and bottom door locks pull the door close tight.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back