Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Varistream digital what setting?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paul1

Hi

anyone use this flow controller and at what setting do you use or recommend? cant seem to find right setting I keep changing it all the time what do you use ? cheers all

Hi
anyone use this flow controller and at what setting do you use or recommend? cant seem to find right setting I keep changing it all the time what do you use ? cheers all
I have two digital varistreams and run them both on 50. If I use hot, I them put it up to 60. This ignites the pilot light easier /emoticons/smile.png

My preference. (Minibore hose, 2mm pencil jets and 5.2LPM Shurflo pump.)

3. For wooden window frames, sash windows and old leaded windows. Rinsing is slow for ordinary UPVC windows.

4. I find this the best combination for washing and rinsing without wasting too much water in the washing phase.

5. For the best rinse rate but am inclined to waste water in the washing phase.

We have plenty of water now for everyday use with a 4040 r/o so I'm inclined to work with 5 more often than I would have when we had a 450GPD r/o.

My son prefers 3 when using his hose reel. This is because he is used to the reduced flow of his backpack which he prefers using for day to day residential work.

The other pump on the van is a Shurflo 3.8LPM pump. If I'm using that then the settings will be 5, 7 and 8 on the Varistream controller.

Each person will have a different preferences.

-

My preference. (Minibore hose, 2mm pencil jets and 5.2LPM Shurflo pump.)
3. For wooden window frames, sash windows and old leaded windows. Rinsing is slow for ordinary UPVC windows.

4. I find this the best combination for washing and rinsing without wasting too much water in the washing phase.

5. For the best rinse rate but am inclined to waste water in the washing phase.

We have plenty of water now for everyday use with a 4040 r/o so I'm inclined to work with 5 more often than I would have when we had a 450GPD r/o.

My son prefers 3 when using his hose reel. This is because he is used to the reduced flow of his backpack which he prefers using for day to day residential work.

The other pump on the van is a Shurflo 3.8LPM pump. If I'm using that then the settings will be 5, 7 and 8 on the Varistream controller.

Each person will have a different preferences.

-
He's asking what setting on a "digital" controller :thumbsup: /emoticons/smile.png

I never had those readings on mine pressure was in letters A-E or F I think and flow was 1-9 I wouldn't recco using it on 2 that's far to low always set it at 6 upwards

I never had those readings on mine pressure was in letters A-E or F I think and flow was 1-9 I wouldn't recco using it on 2 that's far to low always set it at 6 upwards
If you go into your pressure settings (DE settings) you can keep pressing the minus button and it will go into numerical figures after the alphabetic adjustments.

I've never understood that tbh. I would have liked a half adjustment on the flow side, ie 3, 3.5, 4. At the moment I feel there is too much of a difference flow wise from 3 to 4.

-

Pressure cut off value 7. Flow value 2.
I tried to use 2 today as I had an open Velux window to clean.

I then thought I would finish the rest of the clean off on that flow setting. I eventually went back to the van and treated myself to a flow rate of 5 to finish the job off.

He's asking what setting on a "digital" controller :thumbsup: /emoticons/smile.png

I presumed that as he specifically referred to a Varistream Controller in the thread title, this is what he had. The Varistreams, manufactured by Williamson pumps have flow settings of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and then B for boost.

Spring make a variety of named controllers and their unit breaks the flow settings down to 100 segments.

The trouble is that Varistream has become synonymous with all flow controllers used in the wfp industry the same why as Hoover is to vacuum cleaners.

-

I tried to use 2 today as I had an open Velux window to clean.
I then thought I would finish the rest of the clean off on that flow setting. I eventually went back to the van and treated myself to a flow rate of 5 to finish the job off.
It's relative to all other factors. My 2 may well produce the same flow at the brush as your 5.

5 on mine would literally have water bouncing off the glass!

It Also depends on the jets ! After i gone to another jet , i lowered mine ( 9 settings digital ) from 6 to 4 ! That a lot of saving ! And after i Got a univalve i Can do SO much more work on my 350 L . So try it Out , more pressure isnt Always better , to avoid backsplash for instance ..

Back