Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What are your plans for 2017?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Great thread, Im sure the topic is on everyones mind - its definetly on mine.

My goals are to get new flyers done like the examples Green posted in his video - i.e pricing on the back and possiblily the 'Yes Please' approach.

Im going to use my AZ road atlas and pick off whole areas instead of just canvassing willy nilly as I have been thus far.

I want to get all the jobs together in a nice sequence new year, therefore spending less time fannying about with one job here and one job there.

Im buying a longer, carbon pole next month to help me with commercial work I've picked up.

Basically I want more local work. I moved earlier this year, so majority of my work is 11 miles away and further! But thats changing as I target more local custys.

Basically my goal is to expand and also buy an RO and additional barrells allowing me to do more pure work

Onwards and upwards!

Excellent read lads.

My plans for 2017 have already started. The first van is booked in for the first week back in january for its half. Quarter. Third wrap lol. Haven't decided how much is being wrapped. It's costing a lot though.

My artwork is being designed for my new marketing campaign and it's really Out there!!!

New www is almost done. That goes live Jan 1st I hope.

Third website will be ready by June maybe a touch longer and is the first of its kind for our industry.

Then I will just slowly work through my white board of ideas.

This year has simply been amazing and couldn't have pulled it off with a few good friends.

I have to say smug mode on. But I have earnt it this year and next year will see my vision come true.

I've cut down on my work, sold it on. so hopefully is more manageable, my aim is to window clean three days a week n earn just over £200 a day, at same time look for better price work. Also do other things, power washing, soft washing, gutter cleaning without ladders once I find out what machines to get n how to do it all. Would prefer bigger van for all the stuff.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Excellent read lads.
My plans for 2017 have already started. The first van is booked in for the first week back in january for its half. Quarter. Third wrap lol. Haven't decided how much is being wrapped. It's costing a lot though.

My artwork is being designed for my new marketing campaign and it's really Out there!!!

Third website will be ready by June maybe a touch longer and is the first of its kind for our industry.

This year has simply been amazing and couldn't have pulled it off with a few good friends.

I have to say smug mode on. But I have earnt it this year and next year will see my vision come true.
Keep it up matey your a Inspiration to some of us

Keep it up matey your a Inspiration to some of us
Or a big head :rolleyes:

Over xmas I "should" have my electric reel

Sorted and I would place money on it being the ULTIMATE WFP reel. I would bet money on it.

Once stuff if done I will post some videos and pics.

Guys still wanna see the other vans we have done. Just time /emoticons/sad.png

@Damo I'll have a good look at your traffic light system when off at Xmas. Ideal way to get rid of some and replace, or up prices.
The one thing I thought of today is another column of the price you actually want.

So a £10 house. I want £12 etc.

Then you have a way of "sorting" the reds. Yellows. And greens.

I have to say over xmas I am writing up a full report on it for my records and I have learnt a lot.

I know it's such a stupid comment but compact work where you don't move the van really earns you more money. "RED" houses where actually well priced but it was the fact they were on their own /emoticons/sad.png

Sorted and I would place money on it being the ULTIMATE WFP reel. I would bet money on it.

Well if it wasn't for me joining the forum a few years ago and guys like you helping me I'd still be living at my parents, working traditionally and have poor pricing, and not nearly tripled my turnover in four years and starting to earn a decent wage, still could do with a better van but got other priorities at the minute meaning no money for a van.

Main aim is to work smarter not harder over the next few years and have a nice living

I am buying my first house next year. In 2010 I left my job and had a car worth about £1500 and not a penny to my name. In fact I had a debt nearing the size of a small country.

Hard work. Determination.

New van or newer van is just for the ego. However this cold week has made me realise I am glad I have a van that's only just 2 years old. Heated screens and mirrors and so comfy to drive mohahaha.

Keep myself feeling happy to be a self employed and add softwash to my services.

Window cleaning has proven to not to be the main income source for me as things are a bit different here in Ireland (mostly 8 weekly cleans and one off cleans), but I am flat out on gutters and fascia/soffits because I am keeping my prices reasonable high, but not overcharging so my phone keeps ringing without hundreds spent on advertising.

Also I would like to save enough to buy a small piece of land on the west coast of Ireland with a sea (ocean!!) view so I can go there on weekends, put my tent up, make fire and have a beer with a view /emoticons/smile.png

Excellent read lads.

You have definitly done good mate and lots more to come as i know..keep it up and I'll see you soon for an xmas beer or 3

I've cut down on my work, sold it on. so hopefully is more manageable, my aim is to window clean three days a week n earn just over £200 a day, at same time look for better price work. Also do other things, power washing, soft washing, gutter cleaning without ladders once I find out what machines to get n how to do it all. Would prefer bigger van for all the stuff.
Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
I am in the process of making a business plan and seem to be going down the route of dropping all the other superfluous jobs and doing purely windows

The time it takes to do other jobs i can earn as much on the glass with less effort and i am quick on roofs etc but it interferes with the round

That reel will be the mutts nuts mate

My plan for 2017 is to abuse my motorbike more, it's been sat in the garage yearning at me /emoticons/sad.png

Work wise; plod on, I'll never be poor.

Socially; drink more Robinsons flagon cider, play more darts, pool and buy an aIr rifle.

WCF; titter to myself at some of the dreamers/BS

Last edited by a moderator:
I am buying my first house next year. In 2010 I left my job and had a car worth about £1500 and not a penny to my name. In fact I had a debt nearing the size of a small country.
Hard work. Determination.

New van or newer van is just for the ego. However this cold week has made me realise I am glad I have a van that's only just 2 years old. Heated screens and mirrors and so comfy to drive mohahaha.
You've done well in 6 years mate, ego or not you've made most of us jealous and the rest haters lol

Luckily it's been mild this week where I am, so my 12 year old van has coped lol

150 letter out last week @Chris33

3 x 4 weekly windows

1 x 40 quid gutter job

1 x 100 quid carpet clean

Decided I'm just going to get the rest out after new year now I'm booked up till the 23rd then I want a break lol

to have the biggest and best cleaning show in the world lol but I am getting there I have already got 15 more companies turning up to my show next year

2016 seen me go from car to signed van and start on some commercial property as well as domestic 2017 I'd like to see me add wfp to van for the hard to reach windows I can't trad if I get on with it I will try and convert my round to wfp also would like to arrange someone to work part-time.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Back